FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
259 views 7 comments
by anonymous
I have added our first Teltonika RUTX50 with 5 year RMS license to the RMS portal (using its serial number and password), but the RMS portal says the device is inactive.

1. Devices connected to the LAN interfaces can access Internet, meaning that the RUTX50 is working.

2. The RUTX50 is connecting to the Internet using its WAN port (cellular is not used), and the WAN interface is inside an internal network with a private IP address, is that an issue?
by anonymous

I do see connection attempts, but the management service appears as inactive.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi, check if RMS is enabled and connected on your router. You can find it at Services -> Cloud Solutions -> RMS.
Best answer
by anonymous

I can confirm that RUTX50 RMS is enabled, and I see some connection attempts  - but in my perimeter firewall logs, I do not see any attempt by RUTX50 to connect to port 15009 of rms.teltonika-networks.com.

by anonymous

Hello,

Could you execute these commands:

df
ls -la /log/
date >/log/temp_date_file.tmp
cat /log/temp_date_file.tmp
rm -f /log/temp_date_file.tmp
ls -la /log/

And post the output. Also, please send me the serial of the device in a DM, I would check out what can we see from the backend for this device
by anonymous

Thank you for your prompt response. Here is the CLI output. I have sent the serial.

by anonymous
Hello,

Thanks for the information provided.

From what it looks like, the device password that was entered when registering the device to RMS is not the password that is currently set on the router and that is the reason why the device does not register to RMS.
by anonymous
Thank you, after removing and readding the device, the issue is resolved. I do not know what might have happened, the password was entered correctly as far as I can tell.
by anonymous
Most likely a simple typo was the issue