I'm working on an IoT project where a RUT241 module is powered by a 12V battery. The RUT241 module empties the battery too quickly which is why I want to optimize its power consumption. I couldn't find any guides online, hence the question on this forum.
Here's the IoT setup:
- Access to the internet: SIM Card
- One IoT device is connected via WiFi to the RUT241 (No LAN connections used, the Input/Output function is not used either)
- The data traffic is minimal (~1 small data point every second)
I have the RUT241 hooked up on a bench power supply where I can monitor its power consumption.
I have tried the following to minimize the power consumption:
- Setting the WiFi Transmit power to 5%
- Distance Optimization set to 1 meter (just to check whether that makes any difference. In the real application, the distance is ~5 meters)
The power consumption drops only minimally, if not at all.
Do you have any suggestions on how to optimize the power consumption of the RUT241 module? Any features of the module which I could turn off/optimize?
Thank you very much for your Answer! Best regards