FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,540 views 4 comments
by anonymous
How can I make sure that the routers I sent out to customers have the same settings and firmware all the time? Sometimes RUT240 arrive with different firmwares. Would I then be able to somehow "downgrade" to the latest firmware I use for my customers?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Correct, we constantly improve our devices and use latest available factory firmware when manufacturing devices. Therefore devices, ordered few months later, might have different firmware version than previous ones.

Nonetheless, you can freely downgrade devices firmware to desired one, as long as new devices do not have any important hardware changes (for which old firmware versions was not compatible).

Take note that you can contact your Tetlonika sales manager and get your own custom device order code, which would allow you to order devices with specific firmware version and your configuration.

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you. Is it possible to flash image and configuration through CLI (e.g. SSH) without user interaction or can I use a private S3 link as my FOTA server?
by anonymous

Hello,

Yes, you can upgrade router's firmware/configuration through SSH:

1. First you would need to connect to router via SCP protocol (e.g. using WinSCP windows application)

•    - File protocol: SCP
  •    - Host name: 192.168.1.1 (router's IP address)
  •    - User name: root
  •    - Password: <router's WebUi password>

2. Then navigate to /tmp directory and upload desired firmware/configuration file to the router

3. Finally connect to router via SSH and execute the following commands (second one for FW upgrade and third one for backup upgrade):

• cd /tmp/
  • sysupgrade -n RUT9XX_R_xxxxxx_WEBUI.bin
  • sysupgrade -r /tmp/backup_file
by anonymous
Does it have to be SCP or is SFTP, FTP also possible to transfer the files?

EDIT: Okay only SCP is allowed. RutOS does apparently not come with (S)FTP support
by anonymous

After running `sysupgrade -n RUT9XX_R_xxxxxx_WEBUI.bin` the device reboots and it takes around 15 minutes to come back up and to be able to login through SSH. Is this normal or can this somehow be made faster?