FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,248 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi! 

I found a very annoying bug in the latest firmware (and maybe a few versions back, not sure). I tested it on the following firmware, multiple times and different devices (RUT900 and RUT950) with same results. Firmware: FW ver.: RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2

What happens is as follows:

Go to Firewall > in Port Forwarding section add a new Port Forward rule. Edit the rule. Now, in the Source IP Address field, when you try to put an IP range in this format: 81.187.30.110/31  You can save it, but after it saves it and opens the Port Forwarding tab on the router, you get an HTTP500 error under that created rule and you cannot edit it or change anything else so it's completely stuck! I had to restore to factory settings multiple times until I realised this is what's causing it! This format used to work on the previous versions of firmware, why is it broken now??

This needs to be fixed ASAP as it's causing us a lot of issues when creating port forwarding rules! We have to manually add each rule for each IP address instead of using the IP address range like we did before. 

Who can I contact to make Teltonika aware of this bug?

Thanks,
Pav

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I've just tested this and I was able to reproduce the issue. Thank you for pointing this out. I have already opened a ticket for Teltonika's RnD to fix this bug. I will share any information via this thread when I get news.
Best answer
by anonymous
That's great! Hopefully they fix it soon! I am desperate to have this working as I'm doing a lot of restricted port forwarding so I'm not just poking holes in the firewall and letting anyone access it. It needs to be secured by the source IP!

I love Teltonika devices, they are really great value for money, but they need to be perfectly operational if you want to use them in a corporate setting.
Anyway, will be waiting for the update. :)

Aciu labai!
by anonymous

You can download the fix from here. If You just upgrade to this version with the "Keep settings" option, it should resolve the issue.

Keep in mind that this is not an official firmware release. This is a fix for this specific issue compiled on the latest FW version (RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2). You can use it if everything suits Your needs, but I recommend upgrading to the release version when it becomes available. It will also have the fix implemented and it is easier to receive support if You're using the official version.

New FW versions are periodically uploaded here.

by anonymous

Hi,

The new firmware with the fix is out. You can download it from here.

by anonymous

Perfect! Thank you!! Will try it out later today. yes