FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,729 views 12 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I am noticing that the charts on the RMS do not appear consistent, and the timespan appears to always show a 24hour period.

For example, if I have the signal chart up and have it display several days, I see this:

If I zoom into just one day, I get this:

Can Teltonika check this out and see if there is a bug?

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Can you provide first 4 symbols of serial number and last two symbols of LAN MAC? Thanks.
by anonymous

S/N 1000

LAN MAC B4

by anonymous

Did you notice any network outages with your other routers? According to signal graph it gets down below -100dBm right before disappearing from graph, it could indicate a loss of signal. If you experience frequent network outages it could explain patchy Signal Strength graph.

by anonymous

yes there are regular network outages, but my queries are as follows:

1. The x axis of the 18th to 22nd is incorrect - why is it showing 0900 to 0700?
  2. If the timespan is correct for 18th to 22nd, it should show a smaller version of the 18th graph in 1/5th of the timespan, but that is not what is shown - please explain.
Thanks
by anonymous
System skips outages. If you hover with your mouse on the last line in 18-22 graph, you will see that last point in graph is 19-th of July and if you change the graph to 19-22 it will return nothing because there is no data, so it also omits 19-22 days from 18-22 graph, that is why it looks so short.
by anonymous

Ok understand that the 18-22 graph really only shows up to 19th.

1. When I manually change the timespan to 18th to 19th, I get the following which looks similar to the 18-22 timespan. However, why does the 18-22 graph not show the same as the 18-19 graph?

2. I use the teltonika to transfer data between two sites. I know that the teltonika had reception between 19th and 22nd as I have record of data transfer during that time. Could you explain why we don't have a graph record?

Thanks

by anonymous

RMS might not be able to read signal strength if signal levels are low even though the connection is still alive. Is there any way to boost mobile signal (Relocate the antenna/router?) and monitor situation if it gets any better?

You can also try setting Update Period for Dynamic Monitoring to a lower value f.e. 1 minute.

by
It may be true that RMS needs a certain level of signal to fill up the graph. This may be a difficult question, but what is the threshold?

Also, within the 18-22th timespan, there are gaps where there should be values. For example, in a 18-19th timespan, I can hover over a graph at 09:20 on the 18th and see a -69dBm signal, but that specific point is not shown in the 18-22th timespan. This does not seem righ - please check.

Thank you
by anonymous
the anonymous comment above was posted by me. I didn't realise I wasn't logged in.
by anonymous
You can take a look at our wiki page for recommended signal levels. https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Mobile_Signal_Strength_Recommendations

What problem are you trying to solve using mobile signal graph? Maybe we can propose a solution?
by anonymous
I'm just wanting to get an accurate graph display at any timespan. It doesn't fill me with confidence in the product if I have signal data point in one graph but not in another graph for the same point in time. Can you explain why the 18-22nd timespan has a gap between 0900 and 0945, but if I have the timespan at 18-19, we don't see a gap?

The device goes in and out of areas of mobile reception, so I can accept loss in data in some areas. I just want to be able to track that with accurate graphs.

Thank you
by anonymous
When a larger time span is picked RMS calculates an average, smaller timespan = more accurate representation. RMS simply cannot display all the data it gets because browser would not be able to handle it.

We will also add the explanation to RMS in a next update. Thank you.
by anonymous
I understand that trying to display all data points from a large timespan to a shorter timespan is unrealistic. But the actual timespan (i.e. the x-axis) of a 18-22nd graph and a 18-19th graph is exactly the same - so there should be the same data points to display over the same x-axis length. Why should there be a gap between 0900 and 0945?