FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,538 views 1 comments
by
Hi,

I want to be get a good 4g signal to use on our two 4g mobile phones and use 4G sinc up on my computer while we are camping. I have the RUT240 and a Poynting A-XPOL-0001. Will this work?

Also, it say I need a SIM card in the RUT240 - I need advice on what sort please?

thanks

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
0 votes
by
The XPOL-1 should work fine to give improved radio performance to and from the cellular network. With regards to distribution of the 4G signal from the router, I am sure the good people at Teltonika will answer this.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but the way i see it, you are asking for LTE signal booster for two of your phones?

If i am correct, then here is a little clarification: RUT240 shall work as an LTE receiver, and shall broadcast internet connectivity in the form of WiFi. So, whether your phones are 4G or otherwise - they shall connect to RUT240 via WiFi (and not via 4G/LTE), and in this way utilize RUT240 SIM card's connectivity to LTE.

A little followup:

- the SIM card you need is 2FF (mini);

- other than that you shall need to make sure it has Data plan with necessary amount of GBs available;

You shall need to configure RUT240, to enter correct Mobile settings. You shall receive those with the SIM card or by inquiring to your ISP. 

As for setting the router itself, you can follow these links:

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT240_first_start

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT240_Setup_Wizard

Hope this clears things up a bit

by
Thanks Simon,

I am a novice at this stuff but the information I can give you is:

* I am in the UK and my mobile phone has its own (Plusnet) SIM with a limited DATA package which I am using for both 4G and WIFI when I am away from the caravan. When this runs out, or I am at the caravan I wish to use the DATA package on the (EE) SIM in the router to connect to WIFI.

My partner also has a mobile but his has a Vodaphone SIM in his mobile. This makes it difficult to set up the Mobile Setup on the Teletonika as we are both using different UK service providers.

QUESTION 1: What do I choose in the 'Operator Profile' when setting up mobile? where do I look for the APN or PIN number of either phone? Dialling Number for either phone? What do i set as the MTU number for either phone?

PASSWORD ISSUE:

When I try to connect to WIFI from the Telonika on my phone, it recognises the signal from Teltonika and then tells me:

What is the Encryption type:  WPA2 PSK

It then asks for the password (which I assume is the same one as I use when using the Teltonika signal on my computer and which I set when I set up the Teltonika?) but it tells me it is the INCORRECT PASSWORD.

QUESTION 2: If I need a different password, then please can you tell me how to set it?

On advanced settings it then asks if the IP settings are either DHCP or Static.

QUESTION 3: It is currently set to 'DHCP'. Is this correct?

Thanks