FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
866 views 2 comments
by
Dear sirs,

My company has been using the Teltonika router for several years and now, for the first time, I have tried using ModbusTCP on a RUT240 (fw RUT2XX_R_00.01.10). I enabled the Modbus function on port 502 and I connected a ModScan master to read the first six registers. Unfortunately, Modscan shows a timeout error for each query.

Please, can you help me?

Regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Maurizio,

I tested modbus function on RUT2XX_R_00.01.10 with 3 different softwares:

ComTestPro

Modbus Poll

ModScan64

ComTestPro and Modbus Poll seems to work fine and returns correct values, but ModScan64 seems to run into problems when reading registers. I would suggest you to use a different software.

by
Hello Peasant,

Thanks for your answer. I also tested the RUT240 with a CR1000 (Campbell Sci) datalogger programmed as a ModbusTCP master. Unfortunately with the same response from the router. I'm waiting for a RUT950 and I'll try if the ModbusTCP runs.

Maurizio
by
Ok, I discovered the reason of modbus issue. With RUT240 is possible to get the registers for each field only: if I get the first 6 registers (system uptime, RSSI, sys temperature) the router doesn't respond but if I ask only the RSSI or sys temperature the modbus works. In the same way I can get the 16 registers of the operator name and so on.

Thanks,