FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
588 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I have a RUT955 with a modbus RTU RS485 device connected directly. The 955 is a OpenVPN client. I have successfully setup the RTU device to be available via a modbusTCP connection via OpenVPN by allowing connection from the OpenVPN server IP on port 502. This all works fine.

I want to also monitor the RUT955 itself using modbusTCP, if I turn on the modbus TCP service and allow remtoe connection at a port like 50023, this will work but the connection to the RS485 device will stop working.

Why does this happen? Can both work at the same time ? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

EDIT: The Modbus monitoring is being done by the same SCADA software on the OpenVPN server, at same IP.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

We tested it on the newest firmware and it seems to work fine, we received modbus data from both slave device connected to RUT955 via RS485 and from RUT955 itself. If you are using older firmware, can you try upgrading it?