FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,818 views 3 comments
by

I have several geographically dispersed RUT955 routers that I want to connect through a VPN. The idea is to create a subnet on each Router and access the different equipment of all the subnets from any point, through the industrial communication protocol Ethernet/IP (similar to Modbus-TCP). Is it possible to use the RMS portal to carry out this configuration?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

You can perform any configuration in the routers via RMS, they only thing you need to be 100% is that such configuration doesn't cut the internet of the device.

The advice is to perform some tests in your desktop with a test RUT955 and then extend such config to the rest of the devices one by one until you have confidence.

Keep the unit up to date and remember to use the exact same FW on every device in which you will reply such configuration.

Regards
by
Thanks a lot for your reply!

So, RMS is only for configure and monitor the Routers, it doesn't have the VPN Server functionality. Right?

I'm looking for a VPN server as a cloud service. I prefer this scenario instead of one Router as a VPN Server.

If I use a Router as a VPN Server, which Router model is more suitable? (12 remote routers RUT955 as a VPN clients and ADSL in control center).

Thanks again.
by anonymous

Well, Any of our routers are suitable to make such VPN connections.

You are right about RMS. I'ts not a VPN server is just a platform that connects through VPN

We have integrated around 7 VPN protocols in all of our devices. You can take a look to the Networking catalog and choose any one you think is suitable.

We also have Zerotier in the RUT9xx devices. It a very simple VPN you can use.Also OpenVPN is one of the most used VPN's in our routers along with IPsec.

Please take a look to the following links. There you will find massive information about the routers and the protocols available in any of our routers.

https://teltonika-networks.com/products/routers/

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Network_products

VPN
OpenVPN Multiple clients and server can be running simultaneously, 12 encryption methods
OpenVPN Encryption DES-CBC, RC2-CBC, DES-EDE-CBC, DES-EDE3-CBC, DESX-CBC, BF-CBC, RC2-40-CBC, CAST5-CBC, RC2-64-CBC, AES-128-CBC, AES-192-CBC, AES-256-CBC
IPsec IKEv1, IKEv2, supports up to 4 x VPN IPsec tunnels (instances), with 5 encryption methods (DES, 3DES, AES128, AES192, AES256)
GRE GRE tunnel
PPTP, L2TP Client/Server services can run simultaneously
Stunnel Proxy designed to add TLS encryption functionality to existing clients and servers without any changes in the programs' code
SSTP SSTP client instance support
by
Thanks a lot.

Regards.