FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,590 views 7 comments
by anonymous

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=9012503526676996471**TROUBLESHOOTING FILE UPLOADED***

I have an RUT240 that has been working fine for around 4 weeks, but stopped connecting last week.

Signal is around -65 dBm
Data Connection: Disconnected <this stays as Disconnected, not fluctuating.
State: Registered (home); Claro; 4G (LTE)
SIM Card Status: SIM (Ready)

I have tried both RUT2XX_R_00.01.10_WEBUI.bin and RUT2XX_T_F0127_00.01.04.16_WEBUI.bin firmware - same response.

Rebooting/Re-Registering has no impact.

I have checked the plan with the provider, and it is active and with available credit & bandwidth according to them.

Anything else I can try? Are there any logs that would should me in more detail if this is an issue with the provider or with the RUT240? What is the F/W version I should be using? I am located in Sao Paulo Brazil.

I have an RUT950 arriving next week, which I can test the existing SIM card in, and two new SIM with different providers to test tomorrow.

by anonymous

I am using a model bought in the UK, but have it installed in Brazil.
Looking at the frequencies and bands - they have common bands that work in both regions, and in Brazil I appear to be using Band 7 - the device worked fine for over a month, so I assume this UK-purchased model can work in Brazil, as long as the provider is using one of the common bands, as highlighted in yellow below?

RUT240 *6**** Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Korea, Thailand
  • 4G (LTE-FDD): B1, B3, B7, B8, B20, B28A
  • 3G: B1, B8
  • 2G: B3, B8

RUT240 *4**** South America, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan
  • 4G (LTE-FDD): B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B28
  • 4G (LTE-TDD): B40
  • 3G: B1, B2, B5, B8
  • 2G: B2, B3, B5, B8

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

In countries like, Colombia Chile or Brazil. You need to register the IMEI number in the respective gubernamental organization of telecommunications. Please check if the device is registered in your country.
Best answer
by anonymous
@jpteltonika - Thanks for the reply.

To confirm - I need to register the IMEI number of the RUT240 with the Brazilian Government organisation? In Brazil that is ANATEL, but I am surprised to read that. There are other 4G routers available in Brazil, and each would have a unique IMEI number - are you saying that every single device has to be registered? How would ANATEL know the difference between the IMEI of a mobile phone from a Tourist, and the IMEI of a router bought in Europe?

The device is working again with a new SIM card from another provider - which suggests it is actually a provider issue rather than something wrong with the RUT240, which had been working nicely for over 4 weeks.

Was there anything in the troubleshooting file that showed the problem was related to IMEI registration?

Many thanks!
by anonymous

I just checked here https://www.anatel.gov.br/celularlegal/imei for my IMEI and it shows as ok:

by anonymous

I'll explain a little further.

When we sell a device at any of the Teltonika offices on other countries, we need to register every single IMEI in the gubernamental office of each country before selling it.

There was a big chance that this was the case, but I see that you confirmed that the device is operative with no restriccion under ANATEL.

I did check the LOG again paying more attention to every event before and after data disconnection but I can't find any specific issue related to the device. Even more, there are a few Mobile Data connections. Via the Troubleshoot file I can't check what is the Simcard dataplan status nor the signal of the device So I can only give feedback based on previous experiences to help.

By the end of the All:Events LOG I see this and I see it repeating many times over the LOG file, Also I can see that you restarted the device so from that, I can see why the multiple data connections and disconnections that match in time with the system.log reboot events.

69|2019-09-12 04:31:42|Output|Digital OC output off

7974|2019-09-12 04:31:51|Mobile Data|Mobile data connected: Claro

7975|2019-09-12 04:32:26|Network Operator|Connected to Claro operator

7976|2019-09-12 04:33:14|Network Operator|Connected to Claro operator

Thu Sep 12 04:31:51 2019 local1.info gsmd[1651]: gsmd get: '+COPS: 1,2,"72405",7' (20)

Thu Sep 12 04:31:51 2019 user.info Messaged[5636]: Start from new event "Mobile Data" "Mobile data connected: Claro"

Thu Sep 12 04:31:54 2019 daemon.notice netifd: ppp (2401): [09-12_04:31:53:835] requestRegistrationState2 MCC: 724, MNC: 5, PS: Attached, DataCap: LTE

From experience we recommend to check the signal strength and quality, and to double check with another SIM card from other operator just to eliminate error sources.

You can see more on how to get the signal quality and hot to make some calculations via command console.

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Mobile_Signal_Strength_Recommendations#Advanced

by anonymous
@jpteltonika - thank you!

I am going to try and align the external antenna better to improve my RSRP, which is not good, even if the RSSI is reasonable.

For now, it is working with a SIM from another operator, with ok results.

Thank you for the support!
by anonymous

Also, we had receive cases under very similar situations and after making some on-field checks we got confirmation that the Operator's antenna had a problem with specific bands forcing our client to setup only a few or even only one or two bands. On other cases the client had to force 3G or 4G only connections. and in other cases it was related to random glitch at the Operators Antenna Site.

In the following command you can learn how to know what band your device is using 

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/LTE_band_lock

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Gsmctl_commands

by anonymous
Hello!

In addition to these points, i have already tested some industrial routers recently here in SP BR that, if the application does not traffic data for a few minutes, some ISP's itself drop-down the connection because the product would not be using the data network at that time.

The router however should connect again if it has a 'stand-alone' feature.