FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
2,477 views 7 comments
by
Dear Internet,

I would like to give a static lease to a client on my network, normally this is possible from the GUI/Dashboard. But I cant find any tab or place where to apply this. I have RUTx11, which is supposed to be the best, running the latest firmware RUTX_R_00.02.00.2. Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Ibrahim
by anonymous
I have the same problem with RUTX11
by anonymous
Hello,

I just received a RUTx11, updated its firmware to version RUTX_R_00.02.00.2.

I was also looking in the DCHP settings for the option to assign a reserved IP address to a client based on its MAC address.

This is an option available is almost all "standard routers" and I was very disappointed to not find it on the RUTx11.

I there any chance this will come out very soon ?

Sebastien
by
Hi

Same here. I cannot find static lease settings in the UI. How can you set static leases on RUTX_R_00.02.00.2?

Rik
by

...same story with RUTX08. 

There is not even a list of DHCP assigned IP addresses. In most router firmwares – like ASUS-wrt, DD-WRT or even OpenWRT this firmware is supposedly 'based on' – DHCP assignments are listed on the very frontpage of the firmware webpages. 

As a workaround, I had to limit DHCP assignments to 192.xxxx.100 to 105 to facilitate blind hit-and-miss for the IP address(es) of our instruments. Only other option is to use CLI and do an "arp -a" This is just unacceptable.

I wish there were a plain OpenWRT image for these routers to download somewhare. That would have been much preferable. Then even the other sorely lacking feature of WAN-to-LAN assignment would also be readily available. 

2 Answers

0 votes
by
Best answer
0 votes
by
Hello.

Did you try in the tab "Network --> LAN --> Static leases"?
by

Network Tab

Image above is a screenshot of the Network Tab, no static lease option here.

Image above is the LAN tab, also no static lease option here.

Please help me out id be forced to return this Router is it doesn't even have static lease option.

Thanks,

Ibrahim

by anonymous
There is no such tab on my RUTX11
by
Hello,

same here, it is really an important missing feature in my RUTx11.

Hope you will fix it soon.

Axel