FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
5,441 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have a RUT240 with FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.03.5. Using a prepaid SIM, operator Tre (Three) in Sweden, works fine. But when using a contract SIM from the same operator AND with additional service "static IP" it fails. After a lot of "trial end error" I got it to work: added "option proto 'dhcp'" in /etc/config/network section "interface 'wan'" and changing "option proto 'qmi2'" to "option proto 'wwan'" in /etc/config/network section "interface 'wan'" and /etc/config/simcard section "sim1 'sim1'". (I also removed "option profile '238'" from /etc/config/simcard section "sim1 'sim1'").

I actually don't have enough knowledge how to do this type of configuring, please tell me if it's correct or how it should be!

I propose you add testing of contract SIM cards from this operator (Tre, in Sweden) both with additional service "static IP" and without that service. Also, add it to your mobile setup wizard (APN "bredband.tre.se" for no static IP and APN "static.tre.se" for static IP).

Regards
by anonymous
Hi,

tried to follow the instructions given by JOP and Adrian, but it led to the point that I could not access the RUT anymore. Had to restore the original file

Reason might be that I just blindly added ALL the lines in the network - file, as I could not find most of the lines in the file.

Can someone please help and tell me how I need to change my current network file (see content below)

My network file looks as follows (Running RUT955 with the latest firmware. Downgrade to xx.04.xx is not allowed by the system.)

Many thanks!

config interface 'loopback'                                                                          

option ifname 'lo'                                                                           

option proto 'static'                                                                        

option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'                                                                    

option netmask '255.0.0.0'                                                                   

config globals 'globals'                                                                             

option ula_prefix 'fd1e:2baa:7d1d::/48'                                                      

config interface 'wan'                                                                               

option ifname 'eth1'                                                                         

option proto 'dhcp'                                                                          

option metric '1'                                                                            

config interface 'wan6'                                                                              

option ifname 'eth1'                                                                         

option proto 'dhcpv6'                                                                        

option metric '1'                                                                            

config interface 'lan'                                                                               

option ifname 'eth0.1'                                                                       

option proto 'static'                                                                        

option type 'bridge'                                                                         

option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'                                                                  

option netmask '255.255.255.0'                                                               

option ip6assign '60'                                                                        

config switch                                                                                        

option name 'switch0'                                                                        

option reset '1'                                                                             

option enable_vlan '1'                                                                       

config switch_vlan                                                                                   

option device 'switch0'                                                                      

option vlan '1'                                                                              

option ports '2 3 4 0t'                                                                      

config interface 'mob1s1a1'                                                                          

option proto 'wwan'                                                                          

option modem '1-1.4'                                                                         

option metric '2'                                                                            

option sim '1'                                                                               

option pdp '1'                                                                               

config interface 'mob1s2a1'                                                                          

option proto 'wwan'                                                                          

option modem '1-1.4'                                                                         

option metric '2'                                                                            

option sim '2'                                                                               

option pdp '1'

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

A fix regarding this issue has been released. You can download it from here.

Best answer
by anonymous

Hi,

Thanks. The link is though to a "RUT9XX" firmware file. Can I use it for upgrading my RUT240?

by anonymous
Sorry about that, didn't pay attention to the description this time. RUT2 FW will become available shortly. I'll reply here again.
by anonymous

Hi again,

The fix for RUT2xx can be downloaded from here.

by

Same problem here: do I have to install the fix file for rut955 you provided (RUT9XX_T_F0165_00.05.02.112_WEBUI) or can i install the latest firmware (RUT9XX_R_00.06.04.5)?

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Is the SIM data only?
by anonymous

Hi Dziugas,

Yes, it is a data only SIM. I think you have two problems: 1) To get an IP address (option 'dhcp' in interface 'wan') and 2) To properly set APN (option proto 'wwan', i.e. automatically select QMI) to get a "static IP". See also the wiki question "Mobile data status disconnected".

It now works but I would appreciate a "verified" configuration...

by anonymous
Your configuration looks correct, I wouldn't worry about that. The issue is that the router doesn't do these actions automatically when a data only SIM card is inserted.

Thanks for this information, this will help testing and eventually preparing a fix. I'll try and respond to all related posts when there's news regarding this subject.
by
It does indeed seem to be an issue with data only SIMs

Using a RUT955 with an IOT (data only) SIM with T-mobile operator in The Netherlands gives the same issues.

Using the same setup with a regular KPN provider sim gives no issues.