FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
24,138 views 14 comments
by
Hello everybody,

I have a RUT240 and I'm trying to use it as a mobile router in Romania, Telekom Mobile Operator. Although it looks like registered within the Network and has 4G LTE signal. "Data connection status" is in Disconnected state. What should I verify? If I check the SIM configuration by using a phone it seems like only the APN field has a value"broadband", any other fields being empty.I tried Vodafone as well(same issue).

Have any of you figured the same issue?

Thanks,

Adrian
by anonymous
I have the same problem. I have used 2 different SIMs (one vodafone, one giff gaff - using o2 network), both 4g, both work in my phone, and my housemate's. Neither work in the router. They both show that they're registered on the network, and are seeing a 4g signal, but both times the data connection status is Disconnected. Pretty sure I have got all the settings correct...they're all listed on the forums of the service providers, I have also used different combinations of settings to no avail. As a side, I have not been able to get the router to work on a wired connection either - I have tried plugging it into internet socket on the wall, and also into my existing router and setting it to passthrough. In the latter situation, neither the RUT955 or my existing router see each other. The only function I have working the the wifi.
by anonymous
I'm having the same issue. I'm in the USA using T-Mobile and since the modem upgrade I have 1 RUT240 and 3 RUT955 that show the disconnected status. I'm guessing it is from the modem update as the older units I have running prev. firmware work fine. I however can't find a way to downgrade the modem firmware. Even after downgrading the regular firmware to the previous version I am still having the same problem. Hope they can get a fix soon. I have some pretty unhappy customers.

4 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

A fix regarding this issue has been released. You can download it from here.

Best answer
by
Hello.  I'm having the same issue.  Recently purchased a reconditioned RUT950.  I'm using a contract SIM on vodafone in the UK.  I've upgraded to the most recently FW and have also tried going back to 2017 FW as suggested by the person who posted on 1st June - same issue.  The mobile status is permanently disconnected and it seems not to be able to get an IP address (but there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can input an IP address to circumvent this either).  

I already have a RUT950 in another building which is working well.  Have checked the configurations side by side and the only difference I can see is that under Network - Connection Type - Mobile the system that is operational gives the option of either PPP or QMI, with QMI selected and the system that is non-operational gives the option of either PPP or NCM, with NCM selected.  Selecting PPP doesn't help.  I've also tried reverting the new device to the same FW version as on the existing one - doesn't work either.

I've tried both SIM cards in both devices - both work in the existing RUT950; neither work in the new one.

Can anyone help, please?
by anonymous
Hi,

Can you please create a new thread regarding this issue? This way it will get more notability. Right now I'm the only one seeing updates for this post and I rarely have time to use the forum these days.

Thanks!
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Some operators require an APN to complete the connection. Have you tried entering this APN on the router? (Network → Mobile →  General → Mobile Configuration → APN)

If the same SIM card with the same settings works on the phone, it should work on the router as well. If it doesn't, I suggest you contact your operator to see if there might be an issue on their side.
by

Hi Dziugas,

Thanks for the quick answer. I already put the APN "broadband" in, but it does not work...

I attached also a picture with the phone settings.

0 votes
by

Hello again,

Is anyone there who had faced the same issue? It looks like it is logging my calls when I'm calling that number(if this tells something to anyone...). I start regretting this acquisition. It doesn't let me access the ssh interface either, even if I checked all ssh/cli boxes on the Administration page(it says Login attempt from nonexistent user!  WHAAT???).

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

by anonymous

Hi,

Can't really tell much just by the given information.

Could you provide the router's Troubleshoot file? It can be downloaded from the WebUI, System → Administration → Troubleshoot page.

Note: if you have any confidential information (like passwords, phone numbers, email addresses, etc.) in your router's configuration, remove it before downloading the Troubleshoot and uploading it here.

by
Hi Dziugas,

Thank you for support. I sent the attachment on the Crowd Support Forum <web@teltonika.lt> address. Have you received it?

Thanks,

Adrian
by

Hi,

I've got the same, or similar, problem. My RUT240 router and contract broadband SIM (Operator Three, Sweden) doesn't seem to agree.With a prepaid SIM from the same operator it works perfectly. After a some hours talking with the Three technical support it s possible to register but the RUT240 is still "Disconnected":

Here is the Troubleshoot file

Regards,

by

Hi JOP,

After some further analysis I managed to solve this issue.  It seems like the mobile WAN didn't get an IP.  I logged into router CLI, and went to /etc/config/network and made the following changes:

config interface 'wan'

option ifname 'wwan0'

option proto 'dhcp'

option enabled '1'

config interface 'ppp'

option pppd_options 'noipdefault'

option backup '0'

option method 'nat'

option pdptype '1'

option apn 'broadband'

option mtu '1500'

option auth_mode 'none'

option device '/dev/cdc-wdm0'

option proto 'qmi'

option ifname 'wwan0'

option numeric '22603'

option service 'auto'

option pincode '####'

option enabled '1'

option disabled '0'

list dns '8.8.8.8'

After that the router got an IP address from the mobile provider and everything works fine.
You should give it a try and see if it solves your problem too.
good luck,
Adrian
by anonymous

Hi Adrian,

I've come to (almost) the same conclusion as you. See the question Issue with mobile connection using contract SIM and static IP.

Thanks anyway,

JOP

by anonymous
Hi,

tried to follow the instructions given by JOP and Adrian, but it led to the point that I could not access the RUT anymore. Had to restore the original file

Reason might be that I just blindly added ALL the lines in the network - file, as I could not find most of the lines in the file.

Can someone please help and tell me how I need to change my current network file (see content below)

My network file looks as follows (Running RUT955 with the latest firmware. Downgrade to xx.04.xx is not allowed by the system.)

Many thanks!

config interface 'loopback'                                                                          

option ifname 'lo'                                                                           

option proto 'static'                                                                        

option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'                                                                    

option netmask '255.0.0.0'                                                                   

config globals 'globals'                                                                             

option ula_prefix 'fd1e:2baa:7d1d::/48'                                                      

config interface 'wan'                                                                               

option ifname 'eth1'                                                                         

option proto 'dhcp'                                                                          

option metric '1'                                                                            

config interface 'wan6'                                                                              

option ifname 'eth1'                                                                         

option proto 'dhcpv6'                                                                        

option metric '1'                                                                            

config interface 'lan'                                                                               

option ifname 'eth0.1'                                                                       

option proto 'static'                                                                        

option type 'bridge'                                                                         

option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'                                                                  

option netmask '255.255.255.0'                                                               

option ip6assign '60'                                                                        

config switch                                                                                        

option name 'switch0'                                                                        

option reset '1'                                                                             

option enable_vlan '1'                                                                       

config switch_vlan                                                                                   

option device 'switch0'                                                                      

option vlan '1'                                                                              

option ports '2 3 4 0t'                                                                      

config interface 'mob1s1a1'                                                                          

option proto 'wwan'                                                                          

option modem '1-1.4'                                                                         

option metric '2'                                                                            

option sim '1'                                                                               

option pdp '1'                                                                               

config interface 'mob1s2a1'                                                                          

option proto 'wwan'                                                                          

option modem '1-1.4'                                                                         

option metric '2'                                                                            

option sim '2'                                                                               

option pdp '1'
0 votes
by
I recently purchased a used rut950 and it was acting the same way. It was connecting out of the box with the tower and broadcasting wifi internet,  but I didn't have the password and couldn't log in. So I reset it, and installed the latest firmware. After this I could never get it to connect. After changing many settings to no avail the status always showed disconnected. So I have resorted to installing an older firmware from 2017 and it connects instantly with no problems. I think it's stupid and unacceptable that I cannot update to the latest firmware, but I don't feel like spending hours on the phone with tech support either.
by
same issue - same result! We downloaded RUT9XX_R_00.04.150_WEBUI.bin, which is an older version of the firmware, after trying the latest version RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2_WEBUI.bin, which did not work. For us, in Ireland, reverting back to the older firmware worked, perhaps in the UK or other countries the latest firmware might suit with the settings of their operators
by
same issue here.  LTE signal is good. but no connection back to RMS.

new code version should enhance the product. not make it unusable.

Please fix it!
by
Same issue - bought rut950 and trying to connect with SIM data-only but there seems not to work. Could you fix or find something relevant?