Good morning everyone,
as I learned yesterday that there is no way to use two SIM cards simultaneously and that there's no way to trigger a script by SMS I have a couple of questions regarding best practices.
As I have two SIM cards, SIM1 with a data only plan und SIM2 with a "normal" mobile plan I'd like to use SIM2 in "standby" mode and switch to SIM2 for a mobile data connection.
- Is there a way to switch to a certain SIM card in a script(e.g. SIM2 regadless which SIM is active at the moment to use a defined SIM card)? To toggle between the cards was the only solution I found in the manual.
- Is it possible to trigger multiple actions by SMS command (e.g. send SMS, force SIM change, WiFi on)? Perhaps use all the commands in one SMS?
- Is it possible to trigger multiple actions by using a digital input (e.g. Wifi off, force SIM change, send status via SMS)?
- Is it possible to trigger a script via digital input?
- If not via SMS what is the best way to trigger a script? Switch do data SIM, open a VPN tunnel, use SSH to execute script?
I appreciate any hints to point me in the right direction.