FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,828 views 14 comments
by
DHCP stops if you have more then 1 static lease in fw RUTX_R_00.02.01.1
by anonymous
I have found that even adding ONE static ip kills DHCP and as such the whole router!

How was this tested!?!

To be honest I only read great things about the previous models but not overly impressed with the RUTX11. The firmare updates are extremely slow and only now introducing (albeit BROKEN) functionality that it should have had been there on release date.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I was not able to reproduce the issue regarding DHCP static leases using the latest firmware version (RUTX_R_00.02.01.1). During the testing, RUTX11 was configured to assign five static leases. Three IP addresses were from the DHCP pool range and two of them outside of it.

Could you provide detailed instructions on how to reproduce the issue? Every detail is important.

In the meantime, I would suggest resetting or even better updating your RUTX11 firmware via bootloader menu and check whether the issue persists. Instructions on how to perform an update can be found in Teltonika Wiki:
https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT9xx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

Note, that these instructions are made for RUT9** series devices, however, the same principle applies to RUTX11 as well.
by anonymous
Oh and since the update I also cannot access it locally via Chrome, I have to use IE/Edge.

It lets me enter the passord then just sits there looking at me on the Login page.
by anonymous
I just tried again and it seems OK with

SmartThingsHub

So no space, in there. At the moment it is OK so I apologise, I was sure I treid it without a space before but must have been wrong.

Is a 'space' considered a special symbol?
by anonymous
I will have to conduct some testing in order to verify this strange behavior.
by anonymous
Thank You!

I can definately confirm that using a name without a 'space' works OK, with a 'space' in the name it kills DHCP.

Not sure why I cannot login via Google as nothing has changed on my equipment but since the update I definately cannot login via it.

Thank you for your time in replying.

Have a fab weekend! :-)
by anonymous
Until the new firmware release, I would suggest you use a bit simpler names for your static leases :)

You too!