FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
826 views 17 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I discovered in the logread the following message:

"  Warning: this sim get method (gpio.sh get SIM) is deprecated. Consider using ubus interface instead "

It's a warning but ...

by anonymous
As I use get, set and clear in my script, I doubt that the problem is in my code.

As it is a warning message, I will live with !

Rgds,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding your issue could you send me the troubleshoot file of the device??

Thank you and have a nice day!
Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding this issue of yours i have found that you created a custom script for checking the relay status. So what i want for you to test is it possible that you re-flash the firmware without keeping the settings then reconfigure the config 1 by 1 and check if the error still exist. But first make a back up your recent config you can do that on the System > Administrator > Back Up. For more information you can visit this link: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Administration#Backup

But it is best to apply the script config on the last part and check if the error is still showing before applying the custom script config.

Hope it helps. 

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding this issue of yours i would like to know if something is not working on your RUT955?

Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous

Hello,

I was absent. Sorry for the delay.

What I noted:

I can try to reinstall the firmware without the "keep all settings" flag but before:
reconfigure1 to 1 ? what does it mean ? all parameters of the rut955 (network, vpn, etc.) !!!!!!!
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean:
But it is best to apply the script config on the last part and check if the error is still showing before applying the custom script config.
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding this issue of yours that error is maybe caused by your custom script. Sorry for the slight confusion i was pointing out if you can reapply the configured settings one by one. But it is not efficient so instead of doing that could you verify what is not working when you saw that error? If something is wrong could you try disabling that custom script and check if the error still persist. But it there is a possibility that that error is generated by the custom script.

Stay Safe.

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous

Hello Jerome,

Here is my custom script. Before to make your test I submit it to you. I don't see the problem it could provoke.

#!/bin/sh -x
# sera lance apres le boot
fichier="/etc/config/etat_du_relais"

if [ ! -e $fichier ]; then
# fichier n'existe pas, on le cree
    echo "fichier n'existe pas"
    >$fichier
fi
if [ ! -s $fichier ]; then
# fichier vide, init
    echo "initialisation"
    etat=0
    echo $etat>$fichier
else
    read etat<$fichier
fi
    echo $etat
if [ $etat == 0 ]; then
/sbin/gpio.sh clear DOUT2
else
/sbin/gpio.sh set DOUT2
fi

and the /etc/rc.local file:

# Put your custom commands here that should be executed once
# the system init finished. By default this file does nothing.

/etc/my_scripts/retablir_etat_du_relais.sh

exit 0

by anonymous
I disabled my custom script and the message still persist.

Nevertheless, I hope someone from Teltonika will look at my other message and try to solve the issue: why my custom script is started before the initialisation of the relay (digital relay output off) ?
by anonymous
Hello,

As of now i am consulting it with our RnD Team. Once i hear from their side I will inform you right away.

Kindly please bear with us.

Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding the custom script may i know what are you trying to achieve? What is the purpose of that script could you share me the details? So that we can help you more efficiently.

Stay Safe

Regards,

Jerome
by anonymous
I followed the recommandation of Tomas:

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/8899/rut955-power-fail-relay-status?show=8899#q8899

- I have one script (started by crontab) which read the DOUT2 state and store them in a file

- In case of reboot, a second script restore the previous state
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding this issue of yours i am consulting it with our RnD. Once i hear from them i will inform you right away.

Stay Safe.

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous

Hello,

I have received a reply from our HQ. Kindly check the quoted message below:

"Well it is hard to tell what could be the issue.

"Thu Jun 11 14:35:51 2020 user.notice root: Warning: this sim get method (gpio.sh get SIM) is deprecated. Consider using ubus interface instead."

This message could be due that client is using gpio.sh get commands in the scripts.

With gpio.sh get commands you can get some useful information, for example, you can check which SIM card device is using by using:

gpio.sh get SIM (0 - uses SIM2, 1 - uses SIM1)

And maybe here is the issue, maybe client is using wrong script.

I recommend client simple resetting device to default settings, and checking is the error message will persist, if not and it will reaper when applying script, well then we cannot help much as we do not support clients custom scripts, but let me know how it will go for the client."

It would be best if you re-flash the firmware without keeping the settings and the custom scripts and check if the error still persist. Because if the error is not found anymore then it would be caused by the custom scripts. It is also mentioned that we cannot provide support on client's custom scripts. 

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous
Ok. You have a copy of my script. The answer doesn't concern me !

Nevertheless, I will try to reinstall the firmware without keeping the setting.

I suspect a confusion between DOUT2 and SIM into the firmware.

DOUT2 is not yet defined when I start my script and it is interpreted as nul.

Do you know the value of these symbols ?

I guess a relation with my other problem (restore the relay state).
by anonymous
Hello,

As mentioned before we are not giving support in custom scripts so please do understand we will be not giving support in finding what is wrong in your script.

Currently i don't have the values for these symbols but there are only set,get and clear options for the gpio.sh commands.

Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
Hello,

As suggested I reinstalled the firmware without keeping the settings.

There is no custom scripts in the RUT955 !

Result: the famous message is always present in the logread !!!

The cause IS NOT a custom script ...

rgds,
by anonymous
Hello,

This issue will be resolved in the upcoming firmware.

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
Hello Jerome,

I am delighted to hear that my scripts were not involved ...

rgds,