FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
359 views 3 comments
by

RUT 240 Wired WAN interface name changed to "-" after added VLAN and it didn't show on the load balancing interface drop down list.

Anyone have an idea to fix it?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you please explain in more detail / step by step how did you configure your device before this happened?

EB.
by
Hi EB,

I use the CLI and edit below line in /etc/config/network

config interface 'wan'

option enabled '1'

option ifname 'eth1' changed to 'eth1.100' to set the WAN with VLAN 100 for NBN.

After changed to eth1.100, the interface name for the Wired WAN become "-" and didn't show on the load balance list.

EGG
by anonymous
I've reported your issue to RnD, I will get back to you once I have any useful information.

EB.
by anonymous

Hi,

As you are changing the config - WebUI will not like it and nothing will show up in WAN placeholders.

But there is a workaround with Load Balancing.

You should head over to /etc/config/

and edit the network config file so you would have two Wired WAN interfaces. One that you have now and another one identical but with a VLAN option added.

This way you will avoid Load Balancing drop-down menu breaking and you should be able to select your modified WAN interface.

To your newly created WAN interface give this option:

option ifname 'eth1.100'

EB.