FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,779 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Why does the action "Restore to factory defaults" keep user setting in the memory instead of deleting it?
During a new configuration, settings from the previous installation are offerd to be re-used instead of having them to type in from scratch!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

After proceeding with "Restore to factory defaults" the router should reset itself and no signs of configuration should be left.

• Could you make sure that you have the latest firmware version and you don't have any custom reset button times set?
  • Try resetting your router with the reset button holding it for exactly 5 to 6 seconds
  • Also, you could try executing firstboot command, which will lead you to wipe your router to "first-time use" state.
  • The last resort would be reflashing your firmware in the bootloader menu.

EB

by anonymous

Yes, the latest Firmware RUT955 is installed. No custom reset button times were changed. I just used the Software Button on the Web GUI and afterwards I even disconnected the power adapter for a few minutes.

Very strange - with RUTX11 I did not have such experience...

Next time I will try the physical reset button.