As a background to what I am trying to achieve, my network is both commercial and residential with a mixture of devices.
- All devices need to be able to see each other
- Devices need to be broken into logical groups (vlans or subnets ??) to aid monitoring of bandwidth and management
- Work devices
- Personal devices
- Iot devices
- Media Devices
- All devices need to use DHCP for address assignment
- Some devices will use a static lease via DHCP
Once the above is complete I intend to use the VLANs to route different devices to different WAN interfaces b default (load balancing by routing rather than automated load balancing based on traffic)
In terms of this question this is where I need help!
- how do I go about creating multiple vlans
- how do I assign a device to a vlan
- how do I allow devices to communicate with each other across vlans
thanks in advance