11445 questions

13635 answers

21396 comments

32116 members

0 votes
198 views 3 comments
by
Hi,

I would like to use the function "SMS Forwarding To Email". But I would like to add the phone number from the incoming sms as a subject in the email going out. Preferably if you could specify the subject and use the phone number as a parameter in the subject. Like this:

Subject: SMS from {SendersPhoneNumber}

Subject: SMS from 0043847293023

Is this possible to accomplish in some way in the Teltonika RUT routers? Or does anyone have some other solution for this problem?

Cheers!

Henrik

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

For now, there is no such possibility, but I can report this to RnD as a suggestion.

EB.
by
That would be great! And, I imagine, not that difficult to accomplish.

I'd be happy to be a BETA tester of this function :)

Thank you!

/H
by
BTW. I'm using a Teltonika RUT950 for the moment.

/H
by
Here is another nice use case for this feature. Maybe you can bounce that over to the RnD team also @ErnestasB :)

We setup a mailbox named textmessages@ourdomain.com. In the RUT950 router we setup "SMS Forwarding To Email" to that address.  As subject we specify only the senders phone number:

Subject: {SendersPhoneNumber}

Using the "Email to SMS" function we specify the same mailbox (textmessages@ourdomain.com) for the router to fetch mails from.

Now, when we receive a SMS forwarded as a mail to textmessages@ourdomain.com we can simply hit "Reply" in our mail program and actually do a reply on the SMS we received.

That's a use case we would love! :)

Cheers!

/Henrik