FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,732 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi.

We are using several RUT240 units running the most recent stable firmware.

We have between 8 and 20 devices connected to each unit, and the devices are all assigned their IP address from the RUT240 based on their MAC address.

However when the menu "Staus/Network/LAN" is entered the RUT240 says "Collecting data" and then shows a list of DHCP leases.

The issue is that it only shows about half of the devices. It shows for example 8 devices, eventhough I know that 18 devices are connected, and they all have been assigned IP's by DHCP since I can ping them. The DHCP lease time is 12 hours.

Why aren't all the DHCP leases shown in the list?

The devices are connected to the RUT240 LAN port through a 16 port normal switch. Not managed or anything special.

Thanks in advance

rco133

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I believe that's the WebUI limit. To show full list of DHCP leases - execute this in CLI: cat /tmp/dhcp.leases

EB.

by
Hi.

I don't think that it is a limit with the WEBUI. Because sometimes it shows almost all the clients, and sometimes only half of them or less.

In the DHCP leases list under "LAN name" it shows "Lan" for some devices and empty for other devices. All the devices are connected to the same switch though, and even devices of the same type, are not shown the same way.

I think the DHCP leases list is not quite functioning as it should.

rco133
by anonymous
Sometimes DHCP leases might be not shown because devices have static IP's set and that would mean that they didn't get a DHCP leased by the router. Could you confirm that every device is set to gain automatic IP by DHCP? Also, does the command I've sent you show all the devices when you're missing them in WebUI?

EB.
0 votes
by anonymous
discovered the same issue, we have tw0 RUT240 RUT2_R_00.07.04.01 at the other end of our country... client connections that drop and vanish at the exact reboot scheduler time and never appear again on the first try

I was there to discover DHCP server was not working properly, got an apipa adress... after reboot and upgrade it was functional again until recently...

There is some issue, we can see some of the clients connecting to the attached wifi accesspoints but have another wired client that does not appear at all unless it has good vibes... how can the servers IP cache be cleaned to force the clients to renew their IP?