FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
640 views 13 comments
by anonymous
Hi there

I've recently updated my RUTX09 to the latest firmware - RUTX_R_00.02.05.1 thinking it would solve the below problem, but it does not.

Using two different SIM cards (that both work fine in a mobile phone), I get 'Data connection: Disconnected' despite the 4G connection being active (on both SIMs).

I'm happy to share a log file to help troubleshoot. I've done a factory reset twice, tried the modem reboot etc.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Please make sure your antennas are screwed tightly. If they are and you see that you get a decent enough signal, but your data connection still shows as Disconnected - go to your mobile interface settings page and edit APN to custom. The field should be filled with APN provided by your operator. Make sure you type it and not choose it from the list.

EB.
by anonymous

• Antenna are fine
  • Signal is fine
  • APN has been tried on auto, and custom - for both SIMs 
Any other suggestions welcome. 
by anonymous
Have you tried different SIM excluding the ones you already tried?

EB.
by anonymous
Yes - 3 SIMs in total on different (totally different, not just MVNOs) networks. It's not the SIMs - they work in different tablets and phones.
by anonymous
Can you check if there's a modem update available to your device? Connect RUTX to Wired WAN and check for updates.

EB.
by anonymous

No updates - I installed the latest firmware (RUTX_R_00.02.05.1) and did two factory resets also!

by anonymous
I meant a modem update which should be shown on the same firmware page. Device firmware is alright, but I would need more information about the modem of the device. If it's easier for you - you can send me a troubleshoot file via private message.

EB.
by
I have the exact same problem after updating to RUTX_R_00.02.05.2 firmware with EG06ELAR04A04M4G modem firmware intalled.

Have two SIM cards with two different operators. None of them work at the moment, they have been working fine since we got the device last year. Nothing has been changed except for the firmware upgrades.
by anonymous
Good to know I'm not the only one - my cards were working fine too!
by anonymous
@EB - just sent you a private message with my troubleshooting file. Would really appreciate your thoughts!
by

I've noticed this under Network --> Mobile --> Network Operators:

SIM 0

Could this be related to the problem?

by anonymous
I'm not sure, but I can confirm I also see 'SIM 0'

PS you may want to create an account so you can post under that account and track replies etc. more easily!
by
abadr:

Did you find a solution to this?
by anonymous
Hi,

Please try installing 02.05.2 firmware and tell me if the issue still persists.

EB.