FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,831 views 34 comments
by anonymous
I just bought a Rutx11 to replace my netgear modem, and is connected to the wan input of my asus AX11000 router.

rutx11 is set to bridge mode.  I get internet ok.

I have also set the rutx11 network to 192.168.3.1 (When rutx is kept in default 192.168.1.1, connection is unstable, connects and disconnects in my asus router)

I have already tried mac address binding to the wan port of my asus router, but problem still exist.

Problem:

When I do run tracert in windows 10 cmd, it appears to double nat, as I see both 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.3.1

I cannot port forward for games. How do I fix this?

Thanks.
by anonymous

I have disabled autoAPN as suggested, and disabled all firewall.

But problem remains

port forward enabled

port forward failed

double NAT problem remains.

by anonymous

It sounds like there may be an issue with your setup, possibly related to double NAT. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue and potentially fix it:

1. Verify that your ASUS router is set up in DHCP mode, rather than PPPoE. PPPoE requires a username and password, and may cause issues when used with a bridge mode setup.
  2. Ensure that your ASUS router is not set up with a WAN IP address in the 192.168.1.x range, as this will conflict with the IP range of your RUTX11 in bridge mode. You can set the WAN IP address of the ASUS router to a static IP in the 192.168.3.x range.
  3. Check the LAN IP address range of your ASUS router to make sure it is not overlapping with the LAN IP address range of the RUTX11. You can set the LAN IP address range of the ASUS router to a non-overlapping range, such as 192.168.2.x.
  4. Disable NAT acceleration on your ASUS router, as it may interfere with the RUTX11 in bridge mode.
  5. If you are still experiencing issues, you may want to consider contacting technical support for your RUTX11 or ASUS router for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

First of all its highly recommended to always use the latest firmware on device.

If you are using the older version firstly upgrade to the latest.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Firmware_Downloads

Regarding your issue you mentioned that problem is double NAT . If you want to prevent from double NAT you can simply disable masquerading on that specific interface in firewall.

I hope it helps.

Thanks .

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous
Not possible.  Main router is part of mesh network.  The bridge mode to replace my old modem is the only reason I bought rutx11.
by anonymous

Hello,

May i know if you can see any such options in your other router ? 

Could you try to find if its there?

Or if you can disable masquerading in your other router not in Rutx11 ?

Thanks

by anonymous

I get NO internet connection when NAT is disabled above

still get double NAT when port forward is disabled.

I don't see masquerading option in my asus router.

by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please share a complete topology of your network (diagram) .

How everything is connected? 

What are the IP addresses, netmask, ports and gateways used by both the routers. Please share details as much possible.

Also in the 1st comment you mentioned to use port forward?

Meaning by entering IP and the port it should be forwarded to your server on computer, which presumably is used for the games? Please correct me if i am wrong.

Also share a troubleshoot file for the device in DM. You can download in System>Administration>Troubleshoot.

Make sure device is on for 15-20 minutes before you download the troubleshoot file.

Thanks

by anonymous
don't know why my last reply is added to top of thread.  Please check.
0 votes
by anonymous

With my old modem, I did not have to forward any ports for games.  With the router (no bridge mode) that came with my 4g service (Three UK) the games worked fine when port forwarded to my main router, then onto my pc.  With rutx11 in bridge mode, and port forward enabled on my main ax11000 router, these games do not work.

current layout

rutx11 in bridge mode

lan output to wan input of main router AX11000

wan input on main router

port forwarding to my pc

Don't know how to attach backup file to this post.  Link to backup file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypklqgnnld75wo1/trouble_backup-Teltonika-RUTX11.com-2021-04-22.tar.gz?dl=0

Thanks

by anonymous
Hello,

As discussed earlier port forwarding cannot work on internet without Public IP.

If you can share a troubleshoot file with a Public IP its possible .

Last time you shared troubleshoot file, your device is having a private IP address on WAN.

Further see the differences here :

https://wiki.teltonika-https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Private_and_Public_IP_Addresses

Thank you.
by anonymous

When in bridge mode, acting as a modem, I expect the public ip to be presented to my main router (exactly what I get from the Netgear LB2120), but the rutx11 present the local ip, causing double NAT.  This is precisely my problem with the rutx11.

by anonymous
Hello,

If Rutx11 is not getting Public IP it couldn't assign to other devices when in bridge mode.

As you tested Rutx11 without bridge mode and Rutx11 is not able to get Public IP its Private.

Thanks.
by anonymous
I have a RUT240 with exactly the same issue. My 4G connection does get a public IP, however, the 240 like the above only presents a private IP (double NAT) to my router. Why is this operation so hard with Teltonika devices?
by anonymous
Hello,

Are you using an Auto APN or a custom one?
0 votes
by anonymous
Did steps 1-5, 2 years ago.  Spent over a month to fix the problem without success.  Found the solution: bought a netgear 4g modem, plugged it in and work exactly as it say on tin.  No double NAT issue.

Incompatibility is not with the asus router, but rather with rutx11.