FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,854 views 34 comments
by anonymous
I just bought a Rutx11 to replace my netgear modem, and is connected to the wan input of my asus AX11000 router.

rutx11 is set to bridge mode.  I get internet ok.

I have also set the rutx11 network to 192.168.3.1 (When rutx is kept in default 192.168.1.1, connection is unstable, connects and disconnects in my asus router)

I have already tried mac address binding to the wan port of my asus router, but problem still exist.

Problem:

When I do run tracert in windows 10 cmd, it appears to double nat, as I see both 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.3.1

I cannot port forward for games. How do I fix this?

Thanks.
by anonymous

I have disabled autoAPN as suggested, and disabled all firewall.

But problem remains

port forward enabled

port forward failed

double NAT problem remains.

by anonymous

It sounds like there may be an issue with your setup, possibly related to double NAT. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue and potentially fix it:

1. Verify that your ASUS router is set up in DHCP mode, rather than PPPoE. PPPoE requires a username and password, and may cause issues when used with a bridge mode setup.
  2. Ensure that your ASUS router is not set up with a WAN IP address in the 192.168.1.x range, as this will conflict with the IP range of your RUTX11 in bridge mode. You can set the WAN IP address of the ASUS router to a static IP in the 192.168.3.x range.
  3. Check the LAN IP address range of your ASUS router to make sure it is not overlapping with the LAN IP address range of the RUTX11. You can set the LAN IP address range of the ASUS router to a non-overlapping range, such as 192.168.2.x.
  4. Disable NAT acceleration on your ASUS router, as it may interfere with the RUTX11 in bridge mode.
  5. If you are still experiencing issues, you may want to consider contacting technical support for your RUTX11 or ASUS router for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

First of all its highly recommended to always use the latest firmware on device.

If you are using the older version firstly upgrade to the latest.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Firmware_Downloads

Regarding your issue you mentioned that problem is double NAT . If you want to prevent from double NAT you can simply disable masquerading on that specific interface in firewall.

I hope it helps.

Thanks .

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous
Not possible.  Main router is part of mesh network.  The bridge mode to replace my old modem is the only reason I bought rutx11.
by anonymous

Hello,

May i know if you can see any such options in your other router ? 

Could you try to find if its there?

Or if you can disable masquerading in your other router not in Rutx11 ?

Thanks

by anonymous

I get NO internet connection when NAT is disabled above

still get double NAT when port forward is disabled.

I don't see masquerading option in my asus router.

by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please share a complete topology of your network (diagram) .

How everything is connected? 

What are the IP addresses, netmask, ports and gateways used by both the routers. Please share details as much possible.

Also in the 1st comment you mentioned to use port forward?

Meaning by entering IP and the port it should be forwarded to your server on computer, which presumably is used for the games? Please correct me if i am wrong.

Also share a troubleshoot file for the device in DM. You can download in System>Administration>Troubleshoot.

Make sure device is on for 15-20 minutes before you download the troubleshoot file.

Thanks

by anonymous
don't know why my last reply is added to top of thread.  Please check.
0 votes
by anonymous

With my old modem, I did not have to forward any ports for games.  With the router (no bridge mode) that came with my 4g service (Three UK) the games worked fine when port forwarded to my main router, then onto my pc.  With rutx11 in bridge mode, and port forward enabled on my main ax11000 router, these games do not work.

current layout

rutx11 in bridge mode

lan output to wan input of main router AX11000

wan input on main router

port forwarding to my pc

Don't know how to attach backup file to this post.  Link to backup file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypklqgnnld75wo1/trouble_backup-Teltonika-RUTX11.com-2021-04-22.tar.gz?dl=0

Thanks

by anonymous
Hello,

Please share a troubleshoot file in DM , you attached a backup file. . Click on my username and you will see option for send a private message.

Also please could you mention ports on topology?

Thanks.
by anonymous

Hello,

Thanks for very nice information.

If router RUTX11 does have public IP 92.40.195.110 on your mobile wan interface, before any bridging or other configuration, this should do the trick:

To begin with, disable AutoAPN feature in RUTX11 mobile interface window and enter APN manually, which should get public IP address from the RUTX11 router.

This should allow AX11000 router to get public IP 92.40.195.110 on its WAN interface as well, instead of private IP, as it is currently visible in AX11000 WAN configuration window.

It would also allow to reach AX11000 web interface via public and configure working port forwarding rules if for additional firewall is blocking such connection.

In order for port forwarding rules to work, you might additionally need to disable windows defender firewall as per attached image.

These steps allowed me to create working port forwarding rules when bridge mode was enabled between RUTX11 and RUTxx, thus if port forward configuration is correct, it should also work in your case.

Thanks .

by anonymous
Hello,

Will get back to you.

Thanks
by anonymous
Hello,

From the provided images i cannot see if the AX11000 was able to get the public IP from Rutx11 on Bridge mode. Could you confirm or better provide a ss?

Also the screen shot you attached for the Bridge mode , the field for mac address is black . Did you put it and tried if it worked?

What about the windows firewall defender on the computer . Did you disabled it to which traffic should be forwarded ?

Thanks
by anonymous
Yes, I can see public ip on AX1000.

Yes, I have tried the AX11000 wan input mac on rutx11, but did not make any difference.

Yes, I have disabled windows10 firewall and kaspersky antivirus on my pc.
by anonymous

Hello,

In the image you attached , it could be seen that you didn't specified the internal ports for the computer systems? 

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=11612415193145673181

Also just for testing please remove AX1000 and do a port forwarding directly to any of the device or Pc on Rutx11 , just in order to know if the port forwarding is working in Normal mode in Rutx11 . Remove the bridge mode. 

So that we can know if the Public is working and is able to do port forward on any of the device. 

Thanks.

by anonymous

When internal port is not entered, same port is forwarded on the router.  But I tried again but still fail.

I disabled bridge mode and connected my pc direct to rutx11.  IP is 192.168.3.164

But port forwarding failed.

I want to try is connect rutx11 to the wan input of my AX11000.  How do I set on rutx11 dmz for AX11000?

by anonymous
Hello,

For DMZ you can define ports range you want to open on specific IP (i.e Ax11000 WAN IP that it is getting from Rutx11)  

In External Port you can specify the range for e.g 80-8000 .

Thanks .
by anonymous
Where do I set the port forward?

I tried to setting  at firewall/port forward.  But I cannot save the setting since the AX11000 is on a different network 192.168.1.1.
by anonymous
It needs to be on the same network in order to make this rule work.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Firewall#Add_New_Port_Forward
by anonymous
this is not an option, as both will have dhcp

What else can I try to fix the bridge mode problem?
by anonymous
I mean the WAN IP should be on the network if Rutx11 so that port forwarding will work , in case if you have static IP on WAN , you can set from the IP pool of the Rutx11. LAN IP you can set any that should not conflict with the network of Rux11.

Thanks
by anonymous

I have matched the MAC address and forwarded ports 80-8000 to AX11000 wan input.

Ports scanner still show forwarding failed.

In a previous comment, when I plugged my pc directly to rutx11, no AX11000, port forward also fail too.

What else can I try?

by anonymous

Hello,

When you connected Rutx11 and Pc directly could you share a troubleshoot file for this event when it fails ?

Thanks

by anonymous
After many direct messages, I still cannot accept that the rutx11 can only port forward when the 4G isp allocate a static ip. No 4G isp in UK I know of has static ip.  Even the "free" Huawei B5353-232 I got from 3 UK can port forward with dynamic ip without problem.  Only problem with the Huawei is that it doesn't have a bridge mode to connect to my main Asus router as a modem .

So my second rutx11 (the first had the same problem) has these problems:

When in bridge mode, it still double NAT, causing a problem with ddns and port forward for games.

When trying to setup DMZ for my main router, rutx11 cannot port forward directly or indirectly.

Either both rutx11 I tried are faulty, or the rutx11 is faulty by design.

Very unhappy customer.

I have since replaced the rutx11 with a Netgear LB2120.  Plugged it in my network, changed to bridge mode for primary wan, 5min later, everything work exactly as it should.  Speed is 30-50% faster than the rutx11 despite being a lower spec cat4 modem, at one third of the price.

Only problem I have now is what to do with the rutx11.
by anonymous
Hello,

As discussed earlier port forwarding cannot work on internet without Public IP.

If you can share a troubleshoot file with a Public IP its possible .

Last time you shared troubleshoot file, your device is having a private IP address on WAN.

Further see the differences here :

https://wiki.teltonika-https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Private_and_Public_IP_Addresses

Thank you.
by anonymous

When in bridge mode, acting as a modem, I expect the public ip to be presented to my main router (exactly what I get from the Netgear LB2120), but the rutx11 present the local ip, causing double NAT.  This is precisely my problem with the rutx11.

by anonymous
Hello,

If Rutx11 is not getting Public IP it couldn't assign to other devices when in bridge mode.

As you tested Rutx11 without bridge mode and Rutx11 is not able to get Public IP its Private.

Thanks.
by anonymous
I have a RUT240 with exactly the same issue. My 4G connection does get a public IP, however, the 240 like the above only presents a private IP (double NAT) to my router. Why is this operation so hard with Teltonika devices?
by anonymous
Hello,

Are you using an Auto APN or a custom one?
0 votes
by anonymous
Did steps 1-5, 2 years ago.  Spent over a month to fix the problem without success.  Found the solution: bought a netgear 4g modem, plugged it in and work exactly as it say on tin.  No double NAT issue.

Incompatibility is not with the asus router, but rather with rutx11.