FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
170 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I'm doing some IPSec data use testing that seemed unusually high. I've gone ahead and disabled IPSec now to do a dry run with nothing plugged in and no other outside contact, the box is still chewing through 4.3MB a day, which is really going to add up on the bills with multiple sites.

Adds up to an extra 120MB/month per site, for nothing??

Going to do a factory reset and see if the usage changes. RMS is disabled, GPS is disabled, no devices connected. Only DynDNS is active

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting.

I depends what services you are using there are services like that really not notice , one of them is NTP server . 

Also depends what data transfer you are doing on IPSEC between the devices. 

You can check live traffic stats in webui itself . Status>Mobile Traffic

If you want to do deep monitoring you can enable a tcmdump in System>Administration>Troubleshoot>Enable TCP dump and later download the tcp dump file and observe the usage.

Thanks

Regards,

Ahmed. 

by anonymous
I'll check the NTP settings, but as of the factory reset, I'm still seeing 1.2MB/day.

The modem does have a public SIM card so I guess I'll put this down to random internet traffic and probing services.

The 4.3MB/day figure was without an active IPSec connection and no connected devices.