FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
512 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I recently updated my RUT955 from 00.06.04.5 to 00.06.08.2 version. Before the updated I've some scripts into /root folder and I've installed some additional packages like a rsync, openssh-client. With updating, checking the option to keep configuration, the root folder is empty and the additional packages aren't installed. My custom ssh keys has disappeared too.

Does the upgrade procedure always remove manually installed packages from opkg? The root folder and the ssh keys?

Is there a way to install packages so they don't disappear after firmware update? Is there a directory where to store my personal scripts so that they are not deleted?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting .

I am attaching a manual for you.

You will see some scripts in the manual for keeping data save even after firmware upgradation.

You can find it attached in you PM. Click on my username you will be redirected to my PM.

I hope it helps.

Thank you.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous

Thanks for the manual.

But the manual doesn't describe how to keep the packages installed with opkg after a firmware update.

It is possible or I should do some trick with sysupgrade.conf and the directory where the ipk are installed?

by anonymous
Hello,

Scripts would be lost after the firmware upgrade .

But packages won't be lost.

No need to do anything for keeping packages , only keep settings when upgrading the firmware.

I have also tried it on my side just to double check and packages i installed are there after the upgrade.

Thanks.
by anonymous
Ok, I'll checked again with another device. I think I remember that I installed rsync and after the update it was not available, but now I doubt so I'll check it again.

Thanks
by anonymous
Packages are also lost.

We require the package ip-full and after an upgrade its gone and has to be re-installed.

Similarly for openssh-sftp-server.

Cheers,

john