FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
362 views 1 comments
by anonymous
My use case is the following:

* LAN Ports 1 and 2 route traffic through modem 1

* LAN Ports 3 and 4 route traffic through modem 2

* If modem 1 has no SIM or no connectivity, then the devices connected to LAN ports 1 and 2 will lose connectivity also.

* If modem 2 has no SIM or no connectivity, then the devices connected to LAN ports 3 and 4 will lose connectivity also.

I followed this very useful guide here: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/24221/dual-rutx12-routing-different-devices-internet-different and everything works fine except:

[!] If modem 1/2 doesn't work, then it will simply route the traffic through the other modem that works, which is not what I want, so for example, device connected to LAN1 while Modem1 is dead, will simply access the internet through Modem2 :(

How can I make the devices on Lan1/2 and Lan3/4 simply drop connection if their corresponding modem is not working and not fail over to the other modem?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello, 

I would like to confirm if you have two LAN IP address pool (configured 2 VLAN's) let say LAN1/LAN2 is having 192.168.1.0/24 and LAN3/LAN4 is having 192.168.3.0/24.

If this is the scenario you want to implement it is best to separate the  WAN zones you can do so by following the said illustrations:

1. Navigate to Network > Firewall > General Settings  > Edit WAN then configure it like this: 

Just remove mob1s1a1 and mob2s1a1 in the covered network.

2. Next, Create two new zones configure them like this:

SIM 1: 

SIM 2:

3. Next save everything and navigate to Network > Firewall > Traffic Rules create a 4 new rules:

1st rule  is to Allow 192.168.1.0/24 IP range to go to SIM1: 

2nd rule is to Reject 192.168.2.0/24 IP range to go to SIM1:

3rd Rule is to Allow 192.168.2.0/24 IP range to go to SIM2: 

4th Rule is to Reject 192.168.1.0/24 IP range to go to SIM 2:

Save all the configurations and that should work :) 

Regards,
Mellow

Best answer
by anonymous
This was indeed the solution. What do I have to modify if I want for LAN1-2 to route first to the WAN, and fallback to WiFi if WAN if not available, and fallback to Modem1 if neither WAN or WiFi is available? So this:

* LAN Ports 1 and 2 route traffic through WAN

* LAN Ports 1 and 2 route traffic through WiFi if WAN is not available

* LAN Ports 1 and 2 route traffic through modem 1 if neither WAN nor WiFi is available

* LAN Ports 3 and 4 route traffic through modem 2