11981 questions

14261 answers

22478 comments

35629 members

0 votes
312 views 0 comments
by
Hi All,

Genuinely curious - If you use it, what purpose do you use bluetooth for on your RUTX series routers ?

I know it can be used for low throughput networking from bluetooth only devices, but I would be interested
to learn whether there is a "killer app" or other "purpose" that made you buy a RUTX series "because its got
bluetooth for xxxxxxx"

This is a question driven by one person's technical curiosity  - no phishing / "big data" / hacking / other maliciousness involved.

It just seems rather "niche" in a mobile router when compared to things like the analogue input function  (which was sadly dropped)

Regards

BB

2 Answers

0 votes
by

Hello,

Our RUTX series Bluetooth feature is used with these sensors: https://teltonika-networks.com/products/accessories/bluetooth-sensors/

Customers find it useful to gather data from sensors linked above and send data to their servers or applications for monitoring purposes.

Regards.

0 votes
by
I would love to read any available Bluetooth data in a vehicle (OBD2 data or photovoltaic production from a photovoltaic controller). To read the data with RUTX via Bluetooth and to send it via MQTT, would be great.

Steffen