FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
–1 vote
485 views 15 comments
by anonymous
When I use WWAN I cannot use the same frequency for WLAN. Is this really the fact? Why?
by anonymous
(apologies, posted this in the wrong place)

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you attach screenshots to demonstrate the issue? If I do understand correctly, when you set up your router to connect to wireless AP, you cannot configure RUT AP to operate in the same channel?

Regards.
by anonymous

yeah thats correct. Did not tried the same channel but the same frequency.

Let's give an example...

Connection to AP with 2.4GHz --> 2.4GHz is blocked for all other Clients
5 Ghz network is available.

and vice versa...

Connection to AP with 5GHz --> 5GHz is blocked for all other Clients
2.4 GHz network is available.

Not sure if this is by design. But what also happens is that the network speed drops by factor 3-4.

by anonymous
Hi, I have the same problem. If I set up the router to be a client to another wifi network on 2.4GHz, no Wifi clients can connect to my router via 2.4GHz (it works over 5 GHz and I did not try to switch yet).

This has been the case with a very old firmware (00.02.xx) and after upgrading to 00.07.00 it seems to still be the same problem.

Is this by design or is this a bug? No answer to the original poster's question for 10+ days now?

Thank you in advance!
by anonymous
Hello,

I apologize for the late reply. I will consult with our RnD department about this  issue.
by anonymous
And another 9 days passed without any update or solution... This is low quality support to be honest.
by anonymous
Hello,

I am really sorry it takes that long. If everything goes according to plan, we will release a new firmware at the end of this week that should eliminate this issue. Worst case scenario, it will be releases next week.

Regards.
by anonymous
Thank you. And please try to be more responsive in the future. This is a professional product and not a consumer grade router. It has a great feature set and impressive build quality. It cannot happen that something like this issue goes for 10+ days without even a short update saying "we are still working on this". I am happy to talk to the Teltonika management if they need to be convinced that more tech support capacity is required...
by anonymous
Hi,

any news regarding this problem? Did you release an update as promised and which version is that, please?

Thank you in advance,

Heiko
by anonymous
Hello,

Unfortunately, there was a delay regarding the firmware release. It should be released anytime now in this week (today is a possibility).
by anonymous
OK, thank you. Would you be able to let us know here when it is available? Is the version number already known? Thanks!
by anonymous
The version number will be RUTX_R_00.07.1
by anonymous
I just wanted to test this and it seems that 00.07.1 has been pulled due to a problem with IPsec ... Can I somehow download this version if I do not use IPsec tunnels on my router?
by anonymous
No reaction after 6 days? What is the status of 00.07.01, please ?
by anonymous
Hello,

I sincerely apologize for the late reply. We have just released the 7.1.2 version hotfix which eliminates the IPsec issue and a few more issues. You can download it from our Wiki page.
0 votes
by anonymous
Nevermind, saw that 00.07.1.2 is available on the download page now. Already downloaded it and will test if the original issue is solved for me.

Thanks!
by anonymous

Unfortunately it still does not work. I installed RUTX_R_00.07.01.4 and when I try to add another 2.4GHz Wifi interface as a client, I lose my connection to the RUTX11 2.4Ghz immediately. Also, my client connection does not work at all. The interface remains in "down" state although the Wifi client entity in "Wireless" says "running". I do not see anything in the logs that tells me why the interface is down. 

Please let me know how I should set up a client connection to another Wifi that I can use as my primary Internet connection instead of the LTE. And, please let me know how I can debug the non working Wifi connection (needless to say that a laptop and an iPhone can connect without problems to the external Wifi).

Thank you in advance for your help.