FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
587 views 1 comments
by anonymous

My iPhones and MacBooks both say my wifi network security is weak. Im using the RUT950

They suggest router settings of wpa2 (dec) or WPA3 but when I go into the router interface page the wifi tab shows that my settings are wpa2-psk and the cipher settings are force tkip and ccmp (AES). Is my network security weak and how do I fix it?

The last time I changed the encryption and cipher settings the whole wifi network disappeared and I had to reset the router and start again. 

how do I avoid that too?

many thanks

Justin

by anonymous

Hi

Yes, Apple is telling you that the Wi-Fi network you're using to connect your iPhone isn't secure. But specifically it means that your connection is not as robust as the latest up to date standard—it doesn't mean a hacker is inside your router and has compromised your iPhone and other devices.

Regards :scrabble

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Justin

Thanks for contacting TELTONIKA | Crowd-support forum.

I recommend you keep Encryption method as WPA2-PSK and modify only Cipher from Force TKIP and CCMP (AES) to Force CCMP (AES), then click on 'SAVE & APPLY' button in order to overcome that for iPhone and MacBooks.

In this manner, your wireless would still running properly without any issues.

Should you need any additional information please let us know.

Best Regards,