FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
315 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi! 

I have been trying to set this up and its not working. 

What I am trying to achive: 

To be able to use VLAN to have WAN connectivity over LAN together with PoE - essentially everything over the LAN port. I have tried the article that describes that solution but it does not work. Loadbalancing does not work in this scenario. 

OR

To be able to use a seperate LAN and WAN cable, but using doubleNAT for WAN and essentially just using the LAN plug for power (no LAN connectivity). This works (also the loadbalancing), but I still have access to the WAN/DoubleNAT infra (for example, I can connect to Router 1 interface from RUT 240 over WAN port. Even the HOTSPOT has access to the doubleNAT router (!) but not to RUT 240. 

[INTERNET]--[Router 1 - 10.0.1.1]----[RUT 240 - 10.0.2.1]---[WIFI RUT 240 DHCP enabled 10.0.2.100] -- [Mobile WAN enabled]

I think the issue is the FW config - but not too sure. Is there a rule or a way for me to have nothing from LAN to access WAN other than public IPs? Maybe a drop rule? 

by anonymous
So, tested this out.

I had to create a drop rule on the FW to drop all traffic from LAN->WAN with desitination 10.0.1.0/24. That worked. But I still find it wierd that the hotspot feature also could connect to the doubleNAT infra.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
please test and let me know, working?