10933 questions

13039 answers

20332 comments

27469 members

0 votes
185 views 5 comments
by

I have here a strange effect, that every other week my RUT360 loses its mobile connection and then refuses to reconnect after reboot. This behaviour seems to be new with the firmware version RUT36X_R_00.07.00. The mobile network status looks reasonable, just the Data connection state is Disconnected.

Sometimes rebooting the modem resolved the issue, but only very rarely.

I thought I had better success with setting Operators scan settings  to manual and selecting the network with the code 21407 in the Network Operator selection. Interestingly the network with the code 21407 seems to appear randomly with the name Digi.Mobil or Movistar. Unfortunately this success wasn't an improvement and it didn't perform better than rebooting the modem

My current best guess to resolve the issue is to disable Auto APN in Network->Interfaces->MOB1S1A1 and enter manually the parameters which work on my mobile phone with the same card:

  • Custom APN: internet.digimobil.es
  • Authentication Type: PAP
  • User: digi
  • Password: digi

This seem to be successful with both SIM-Cards available to me.

Now to my questions:

  • Is this a real solution or am I just randomly fiddling with the Knöpkes again until the problem fixes itself?
  • Is this a normal behaviour, that the same network number is used for different networks? (Digi.Mobil is a MVNO hosted on Movistar)
  • Is this change due to something the network operators did or is it due to changes in the Firmware?

I'd appreciate some help here, as I won't be always on site and not having the modem connect would become very annoying.

--- update 19.12.2021

The problem arose again and I was able to produce 2 troubleshoot files.

  • troubleshoot-Teltonika-RUT360.com-2021-10-25-problem.tar.gz : This was taken when the router failed to connect to the internet and refused to let anyone connect to Wifi. I rebooted it by cycling the power. After this the Wifi was available again, but the router coudn't connect to the mobile network. I rebooted the modem only with no change.
  • Screenshot 2021-12-19 at 13.53.02.png : This is screen shot of the available mobile networks after doing a network scan. No changes were done as I already locked it to 21407 (Movistar / Telefonica / Digimobil (as MVNO)). After this the modem still was unable to connect.
  • troubleshoot-Teltonika-RUT360.com-2021-12-19.noautoapn.tar.gz : This was taken after I disabled auto-apn. I can't remember whether I even had to reboot, but the connection worked again.
by
Hi, Please can you share the troubleshoot file to me to analyze this issue further. Thanks
by
Sorry for not getting back to you. Currently I am unable to reproduce the error, so I can't create the trouble-shoot files. I switched back to the default configuration and I'm waiting for the next occurrence of the problem. In the past it happened once every month or every two months, so this might take a while. I will update this as soon as I have more data.

From my side looks as if it was an interaction between bad behaviour of the mobile-network and how the firmware handles this problem-case.

3 Answers

0 votes
by

@techvin030 commented:

Hi, 

if this is still relevant, please can you share the troubleshoot file to me to analyze this issue further. Thanks

0 votes
by
Hi, Sure. However at face value the behavior depicted seems to be more from the Mobile service provider end rather than from the RUT itself but It would be difficult to conclude without the troubleshoot file. Also, another check would be to see if the same behavior is seen when the RUT is on different Firmware version. Thanks
by
I definitely didn't have the behaviour on the previous version of the firmware. I experienced at about the same rate a loss of connection (which I attributed to something bad on the network) which in all cases was resolved by a reboot. This was consistent with the behaviour of my phone on the same network.

With the current firmware however, the reboot led to the inability to reconnect even after a reboot. Various actions seemed to resolve the issue, but not reliably enough to establish a causal relationship between the action and the resolution. These actions included rebooting the modem, switching to manual provider selection and disabling auto-apn.

However I reliably could reconnect with my phone (even using with the same SIM card) while the RUT still failed (even after reinserting the SIM card into the RUT which worked on the phone).

I understand well that given these facts there isn't much you can do. Next time I experience the problem I'll try to get the desired troubleshoot files. Thank you for the help.
by
I updated the main story with troubleshoot files. The problem just arose again today. I hope those help.
0 votes
by
Hi,

It looks like the files have not come through with you update. Hence, please send it to me as a private message wherein you have an option to attach them.

Thanks
by

The problem arose today again and I start to believe that the AutoAPN feature might not be involved. Here's a short summary on my findings so far:

  • The whole time, I was able to access with my phone with the same SIM-Card the network and create a working personal hotspot. In general, I'd assume this means the mobile network is somewhat working.
  • The RUT was able to log into a Cell (see attached Screenshot) but it wasn't able to fully connect.
  • Router manually was told to select Network 21407, which was discovered sometimes as Movistar and sometimes Digi.Mobil. Neither case seemed to change the ability to connect.
  • I had this effect with and without AutoAPN, but applying a change to the interface configuration might have prompted a change.
I will sent you the troubleshoot file directly, as I can't seem to figure out how to attach them here.
Cheers
Unable to connect but network is present