FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
960 views 14 comments
by anonymous

RUT240 FW RUT2_R_00.07.01.2

Auto APN with Vodafone ITA doesn't work. It connects and sends data but is unable to receive anything. Setting manually mobile.vodafone.it as adviced by the operator everything works correctly. Can you please fix it?

We often change sim between operators on that router so we definitely need auto apn to work.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
I would like to inform, that this is know issue with several operators.
It will be fixed in future firmware releases.

Best regards,

Sigitas
by anonymous
Thanks, have any idea on when we could get a fix? It is a very annoying problem to have to log to each router when customer switch operator.
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for a reply.
At the moment I do not have an exact date.
If everything goes according to the plan, fixes should be added with firmware 7.2.
In worst case scenario this will be added in RutOS 7.3.

Best regards,

Sigitas
by anonymous
Since it is very disturbing have to phisically go into every device to fix the apn would be very nice to have a date. Telling me it'll be in 7.2 or worst in 7.3 doesn't mean anything. What are the times frames of the new releases. We are talking 1, 2, 3 days, weeks, months.......

The bug is particularly bad because it is not a new feature, you just broke an older working feature.
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your opinion.
Well, in order to change APN, you have several options without connecting to device locally:
- if your SIM card supports multiple APN, you could use Multi-APN function;
- in case, SIM card does not support multiple APN you could change APN using SMS commands.

Regarding the release date, like I mentioned in a previous comment, I do not have exact date.
If everything goes according to the plan firmware 7.2 should be released in 2022 Q1, version 7.3 - Q3.
I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Sigitas

by anonymous
@Sigitas:

Is "auto-APN" a problem with vodafone Germany and FW 1.14.5 also?

I have problems with one device using a "Lidl-Connect-SIM", carrier is Vodafone.
After about 24 hours the device loose the connection. SMS will be received, but no aswer will be send.

After a reboot, it works - normaly - for a couple of hours...

I'm one the way to check a manual setting of APN "web.vodafone.de"

Regards

Ralf
by anonymous
Hello, Solarix,

I checked information and would like to inform that we have same similar issues like yours in firmware 1.14, but it was fixed with later firmware releases.
Like you mentioned, the correct APN for Lidl-Connect-SIM is web.vodafone.de.
Please try to set this APN as manual and check if it working correctly.
In case issue still persisting, please inform.

Best regards,

Sigitas
by anonymous
Hello Sigitas,

the device came back online at 01:00 this night...

I was able to change the Auto-APN to manual-APN "web.vodafone.de" but the same as the Auto-APN shows.

Also I changed "Ping-Reboot" (about 1h window) from "Modem-reboot" to "device-reboot". In the Logs I didn't found an entry about "modem-reboot" depending on lost pings...!?

After a couple of time, the connection is lost again...

I have downloaded event-log and troubleshoot-log before disconnecting.

Are you interested in that files for investigation?

Regards

Ralf
by anonymous
Hello, Ralf,

Thank you for a reply.
Would be nice if you could provide that troubleshoot file.
You could attach it with your comment (it will be visible only for moderators) or send via private message.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Sigitas
by anonymous

Hi Sigitas,

I hope with the link here

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=14750278034616439464

you can access the troubleshoot file.

I changed the APN-setting to manual "web.vodafone.de" 3 days ago.

Until a couple of minutes ago, it was "online" in the view of RMS. But now I got the event-Massage "device is offline".

But, the Datalogger within that network sent the last data 17.02.2022 07:32. I should do that every 30 minutes...

Therefor, I guess there is a status, the connection is there, but no way to transfer data...

Hope you can pick-up some useful information from the log (3 days old).

Regards

Ralf

by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for a troubleshoot file.
Unfortunately, the given file does not provide any useful information, because troubleshoot was generated 6 minutes after router reboot and showed, that device successfully received IP and get internet connection.
It would be great if you could generate and provide a troubleshoot file when this issue happens.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Sigitas
by anonymous
Hi Sigitas,

unfortunately, I have remote access to the device, only.

That means, if the problem occurs, I have no access to the router until a "ping - reboot" is rebooting the device after about 1 hour of missing pings.

Is there a way to store the log in case pings are missed before the reboot, to have access to the stored log after the reboot?

By the way: the former defined "ping - restart modem" doesn't brought the connection back...

Regards

Ralf
by anonymous
Any chance the fix is going to be released shortly? I have had this problem since a month ago and still waiting.
by anonymous
Hello,

Solarix, you could change troubleshoot file placement from RAM memory, to a flash memory.
Using this file will not be removed after reboot.
You could change this option in Administration - Troubleshoot

Highfreq the new firmware was release on Friday and it have fixed APN issue.

Best regards,

Sigitas
by anonymous
Hi Sigitas,

I had changed the file placement to flash memory.

I'll send you the troubelshooting-file by PM.

But this is still from version 01.14.5.

The new version with the fix, you refered to, is Version 07.01.4. Right? Will a patch available for 01.14.x also, or is the version 07.x stable to use it in production?

Best regards

Ralf