Thanks for reaching out. Since you’re not very tech savvy, I will try to be as specific as possible. From the title of your question, I understand that you have two problems: you have no internet and you cannot access the web interface, but you do not mention about it in the description so it is not entirely clear whether you have access to the web interface or not, so I will assume that you do not.
The first thing to note, is that you do not need an internet connection to get to the WebUI, however if you are unable to get to the router’s interface, there might be a different underlying issue and a factory reset is a must. Next, I assume that to perform a factory reset you pressed the physical reset button on the device. Please note, that the button can produce three different outcomes based on the duration the button is pressed.
- By default, holding the button for up to six seconds results in simple router reboot, which has no effect on device’s configuration.
- Holding the button for up to 12 seconds restores default user’s configuration.
- Please, make sure that you are holding the button at least 12 but no more than 20 seconds as this time frame results in factory configuration restore.
After reset, try again to get internet access with your SIM card. You should also be able to access the WebUI now.
If the router still fails to connect to the internet, I would like you to check the firmware version and, if necessary, perform update.
- In order to check the firmware version, connect the router to your PC or laptop via the ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and enter router’s default IP address, which is written on top of the device and should be 192.168.1.1 or similar and press Enter. You will be redirected to the login page of the router. If it does not show up, skip this paragraph, otherwise, the login credentials should also be written on the router. By default they usually are: username – admin, password – admin01.
- On the first login, you will be asked to change the password and go through a configuration wizard. Enter your new password, choose Configuration Mode Advanced, pick your time zone, press Next four times and Finish.
- The firmware version is displayed on the top right of the screen. Currently the latest revision is RUT9_R_00.07.01.4. If you see different numbers, you will need to perform firmware update. Download the Latest FW file from this website: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firmware_Downloads.
- Now on the left of the screen go to System -> Firmware. In the displayed page under the section Flash new firmware image select Update from file, press Browse and choose the file downloaded from the link above, press Proceed after the file is verified. The device will become unresponsive during the procedure.
- Once the update is complete, test your connection again.
If you were unable to access The WebUI previously, there is another procedure to reset your device. It is described in the following link: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT9xx_Bootloader_Upgrade
A couple of other things to check:
- make sure, the antenna is connected correctly,
- check if your router is not placed somewhere where metal surfaces or several walls may be blocking the signal,
- try another SIM slot.
If none of these fix your connection, I will need you to generate a troubleshoot file and send it to me. To generate it, login to the web interface, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot. Press Download under the troubleshoot section.