FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
579 views 12 comments
by anonymous
I have a RUTX11 with one SIM installed (slot 1).  After upgrading the firmware from RUTX_R_00.07.01.2 to RUTX_R_00.07.02, it seems to be stuck trying to use SIM 2 -- the empty slot -- regardless of the configuration.  Automatic SIM switching is disabled and SIM 1 is selected as the default, but still it boots trying to use only SIM 2.

I can work around the problem by running "gsmctl -Y" to manually switch the modem to the other SIM, but I have to do that after every reboot.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

I will forward this information to the RnD department.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
I have a more or less similar issue (SIM1 may work after several tries, SIM2 always fine). Are you interested by the TS file ?
by anonymous
Thanks Žygimantas -- troubleshoot file now attached.
by anonymous

Hello,

The issue is currently being worked on. In the mean time, you could try to reset the device to the factory defaults and see if that helps.

Please see this page for factory reset options: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Device_Recovery_Options#Factory_reset.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

0 votes
by anonymous
Same issue here with RUTX_R_00.07.02.4:

After new start or re-start of RUTX11, SIM1 state is "Not inserted". After rebooting the modem manually, SIM1 is connection.

Pls fix this issue! Thx!
by anonymous

If you have updated the router with the Keep settings option enabled, try to reset it to the factory defaults.

by anonymous

"If you have updated the router with the Keep settings option enabled, try to reset it to the factory defaults."

Unfortunately this is only a workaround but not a solution for this bug! A reset means a lot of work to reconfigure the device.

by anonymous

Even after a reset to factory defaults, SIM1 state is "notinserted". So pls. fix the bug, I cannot use this device!

SIM1 and SIM2 are both inserted and working perfectly in other devices.

by anonymous
Bug is still not resolved in RUTX_R_00.07.02.6, sorry but this isn't acceptable!
by anonymous

Furthermore, IF a connection is established, it is disconnecting all the time (happens in Germany, Italy and France etc).

I have got the RUT955, the RUT850 and the RUT X11. Sorry but the FW of RUT X11 is really the worst FW I have ever worked with, ABSOLUTELY UNSTABLE and NOT usable at ALL!!! I consider giving back the RUT X11!!! Having reset the device more than 10 times it is getting more and more worse than better angry

by anonymous

I've got the same issue after upgrading to RUTX_R_00.07.02.6. I've got 2 SIM cards and both will be shown randomly as "not inserted". I tried resetting the device and rebooting it. Both did not help. Will now try to downgrade to RUTX_R_00.07.01.4. 

by anonymous
Update: unfortunately it did not help.
by anonymous

Hello, 

I would suggest to try to update the modem firmware. It is a different procedure than updating the router's firmware. One thing to note is that it requires a different source of internet than mobile, either wired or wireless WAN, as modem will be occupied with the update. 

If that does not solve your issue, then simply return the device for warranty repair.

Before attempting the update, you need to connect your router a different WAN source, either wired or wireless. Below are the the instructions:

• Access your device via SSH and execute the following commands:
    • opkg update
    • opkg install modem_updater
    • opkg install sshfs
    • modem_updater -g
  • The last command will list available firmware versions. Next modify the following command:
    • modem_updater -i <ID> -v <VERSION>
      • <ID> - should be 3-1, however, in case of an error you should be shown a correct ID.
      • <VERSION> - enter the latest firmware version from the list of the previously executed command, it should be EG06ELAR04A08M4G.

0 votes
by anonymous
Update the modem firmware did not help, latest fw RUTX_R_00.07.03 didn’t fix this issue as well.

Return the device for warranty repair is not an option as device is in 24/7 operation.

Please urgently fix this bug within next fw update!
by anonymous

I would like you to get the device to where it displays SIM 1 state as "Not inserted", generate a troubleshoot file and send it to me in a private message.