After firmware update to RUT9_R_00.07.02 openvpn profiles are changed from TUN to TAP. Running a TUN based openvpn uploaded from config file will connect but routing will failed. I have confirmed this by checking content in the uploaded config file. The line:
is changed to:
if you look in the uploaded file in /var/etc the dev line is rewritten from tun to tap. Same thing happens if you upload an openvpn configuration file.
Downgrading to RUT9_R_00.07.01.4 solves the issue.
My guess is that this is related to the following "fixes" listed in the firmware changelog for RUT9_R_00.07.02
- Fixed OpenVPN TAP configuration saving issue
- Fixed OpenVPN switching to TUN mode when uploading a configuration from file
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new client vpn profile
2. Set "enable OpenVPN config from file" to "on"
3. Upload an OpenVPN config file with "dev tun"
Saved file will have "dev tap" and openvpn configuration page will show TAP. Profile will connect but no traffic will pass because of configuration mismatch.