FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
261 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello Together,

we are trying to set up a device behind the TRB140 in Pass-Through mode. It is important that the device gets the WAN IP instead of a local IP.

When I set up my custom APN (Campus Network), a WAN IP 172.16.xx.xx is assigned to the gateway. Unfortunately, the GW won't pass it to the device behind. The device is asking for DHCP but there is no reaction. It does not matter if I define a specific MAC address or not.

Strangely, if I leave all settings as they are but change the APN to the "Internet APN" it works like a charm (IP 10.16.x.x)

My situations seem to be like: RUT950 not passing IP via passthrough - Crowd Support Forum | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)

I upgraded to the Firmware TRB1_R_00.07.02.3 and did multiple factory resets

I hope someone can help.

Best regards,
Christoph

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you configure both cases, with Internet APN and with your custom APN, and generate a troubleshoot file for both configurations? The logs in the file might reveal more details.

To generate a troubleshoot file, login to the WebUI and go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Also, could you also enquire if your service provider has any requirements, limitations in passthrough configurations? For example, in some cases, operators expect a certain TTL value in the received packets, however, passthrough mode adds additional jumps, which reduce that value, and packets might be discarded.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Hello,

Sorry for late reply.

Your issue has been viewed by RnD department and a firmware with the solution has been developed. Keep in mind that it is a test firmware and some other functionalities might not work as intended. However, feedback would be really appreciated if your original issue is solved.

Download link

Best regards,