FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
703 views 7 comments
by anonymous

I purchased a RUTX11 for our camper van. The use cases are simple: connect to external WLAN or LTE (in this priority) to provide access to internet and serve connection using LAN or WLAN.

Probably this is the default usecase for mobile people but even after doing research I had quite some trouble setting up the process and misconfigured the device a few times, while playing with different settings as it was not working as expected, so the IP was not reachable over (W)LAN anymore. To not lose too much time I did some resets and finally I found where I fail.

Setting up an (internal) AP and connecting to an external AP did work quite well, noting too interesting:

I assigned the interface to network wwan as e.g. seen in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INGKWNqnZZ0

I also set failover rules:

As I currently removed the SIM card, mob1s1a1 is stopped, that is fine but here I already did not understand why wwan is offline (I think it said offline, the screenshot is from a later test where it says "interface stopped", sorry for the blury image). In the interface section I can also see WWAN as being stopped:

I found some questions like https://community.teltonika-networks.com/48905/rutx11-how-fix-network-interface-status-stopped that sounded like the exact same problem but as I have seen the video 10 times and in the video the interface is just up and running after adding the WLAN connection, it does not help. Also I have the current firmware:

I noticed the following effect when playing around: by some time I connected to my WAN WLAN I used some random name instead of wwan and for some reason the interface switched to active. So I added a SIM card and that was also active, then. To test if that works if WLAN is gone, I deactivated the corresponding interface and had internet over LTE... then I turned the interface back on and it... failed. It just says "stopped". I also did not get a running interface for my WAN WLAN connection any more till now.

Also I checked logs but did not see anything noticable and as I do not really know what to do, I need your help.

As I also failed uploading readable images to this forum, I attached the original images for the moderators...

by anonymous
Downgrade to 7.0.1.2 and see if that helps. Any FW newer than that gave me similar issues.
by anonymous
Thank you, Joners.

In fact in version 7.0.1.2 it seems to be working as expected. I wasted nearly half a day but I never downgraded to that version. The interface comes up again after de- and reactivating it.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The things you can check:

• Encryption type match between the AP and the router you connect to;
  • Whether RUT and the access point router do not have overlapping networks (same subnets)
  • The router you connect to has internet connectivity.

Other than that, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas 

by anonymous

Hi Žygimantas,

Joners answer helped me "solving" the issue (make it work, somehow) by downgrading to 7.0.1.2. Maybe I can try upgrading until it fails again, later but for now my answer to your comment is:

• The WLAN connection as a client to my WAN WLAN works aparently good. I even tested 5Ghz network (which I never use) and played with encryption method there but as RUT UI always shows me "Interface status: running" (like in screenshot rutx11_1.png), I assume the connection itself is established, only the "interface" in the "interface section" does not "know" that sometimes. Sounds like it has some dependency that is not fulfilled in newer firmware versions?
  • RUT is on 192.168.111.1 and my regular network is on 192.168.1.x, so no conflicts here
  • Yes, it has (and had)

So it is an issue with the (current?) firmware. If I have time I will upgrade in smaller steps but as Joners already wrote it does not work for him with any newer version, so I would not expect much. Maybe you have an idea what might be the issue?

With the 7.0.1.2 firmware it looks like I expected:

Kind regards,
Marcus

by anonymous
Could you, for research purposes, upload troubleshoot files from both, working 7.01.2 and not working 7.02.2 versions?

Best regards,
by anonymous

Hi Žygimantas,

I was not able to wait, so I upgraded version by version and stopped and started the interface (not the WIFI connection but the interface in the interface section).

Actually in Versions 7.0.1.4, 7.0.2.0 and 7.0.2.1 the interface came up and I had internet connection. However, in version 7.0.2.2 it failed starting. I attached the troubleshoot file from all three versions. I did not downgrade to 7.0.2.1 to test if it starts working again but I will do so by some time unless you find the problem, first.

Thank you for your time,
Marcus

by anonymous

Hi Žygimantas,

today I downgraded from 7.0.2.2 to 7.0.2.1 and the interface behaved as expected. Without any change it came up, so it is (in my case) an issue with the latest firmware. Have you been able to locate the problem?

Kind regards,
Marcus

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello

I have the same problem. I have a new rutx14. I want to use it in a RV with mobile networl lte and on campings connect it to  the camping wifi. It has the latest firmware (7.04.03).With mobile it works ok but I  cannot connect it as client to  a wifi network. In network->wifi the  client network  is shown as " running" but the interface  istays "down" what ever I try.

Is this still the same problem, so I must go to 7.0.1.2?
by anonymous
Going back to 7.0.1.2 did not solve the problem.