FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
330 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi everyone, I have a problem with a rut955 modem.  In practice, as the modem temperature increases, the 4g connection speed decreases considerably, even disconnecting for a couple of hours and then resuming working as soon as it cools.  I state that the displayed temperature is constantly above 70 degrees (up to 80-82 degrees) and that the modem is installed in an electrical panel inside a machine exposed to the external environment.  

Could this problem really be temperature-related?  

Thanks to who will answer me.

Christian

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

To answer briefly, yes, the problem could be due to temperature.

The router is rated to work within temperature ranges between -40 - 75 °C. However, operating the device as the temperature approaches it's limit for an extended period of time will certainly result in reduced performance. If the device operates in high temperature environment, it creates a kind of loop, where device temperature increases, which leads to increased power consumption by the device, which again increases the device temperature and heat in your electrical panel.

Best regards,
Best answer