FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
356 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I have now 2 usable WAN's with tho wired networks and I have made with Simona's help 3 IP's use WAN2 and the rest use WAN1... Everything fine and traffic seem to be working ok between the two WAN's...

Here is the original topic and solution: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/38941/still-looking-to-set-one-simple-thing-with-rutx12

But everything is not ok... If my WAN doesn't work, WAN2 stops working also. All TV (I have WAN2 for TV) stop working, if I route my computer to one of those WAN2 IP's it doesn't work. Wierd is, that Netflix continue to work on TV's with WAN not working, only WAN2...

Do you have any idea why WAN2 doesn't work when WAN is not working? When both are working traffic seems to get over WAN and WAN2 ok, I have checked the WAN IP's and TV's are on WAN2 and computers on WAN. Problem is when WAN has some problem, WAN2 doesn't work and this is not ok.

What could be wrong in setup that WAN2 seems to be dependent to WAN? Every WAN is connected to different local subnet and has it's own Huawei 5G router.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Do I understand correctly, you are not using mobile connectivity as WAN sources but both wired connections?

It would be helpful if you could share how you set up a second wired WAN port.

Also, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank you, I have added my answer. I sent log file. If I disable the WAN in Teltonika, my TV's on WAN2 still work. If I disable the router that is connected to WAN, the TV's don't work over WAN2 any more. Like that the WAN2 needs WAN to work, that is wrong.

Next step would be configuring that if WAN2 doesn't work all traffic goes to WAN and vice versa but I also don't know how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 votes
by anonymous
Yes, I have 2 wired connections, WAN and WAN2, I have disabled mobile totaly.

Here is what I used:

My setup is like this: I have ONE LAN in the range of 192.168.1.x. I have 2 extra routers with 1 SIM card each. I would like internet to be be acesed by WAN2 on my two TV's and for the rest of the network, WAN should be used.

Here is how to configure this:

1. I configured WAN to use IP 192.168.3.2 and gateway is 192.168.3.1 and that is my first outer router IP.

2. Network -> Interface -> ADD WAN2 -> Advanced settings -> Set IP4table to 10. I added WAN2 to have IP of 192.168.2.2 and the Gateway is 192.168.2.1 and that is the WAN2 IP on my WAN2 router also.

3. Network -> Routing -> Advanced Static Routes -> Add new instance of Routing table with TableID 10 and make route with interface LAN, Name: second, Target 192.168.1.0, IPV4-Netmask 255.255.255.0. Leave everything other blank. Add the route.

4. Network -> Routing -> Advanced Static Routes -> Add new routing rule for IPv4 as follows: Priority: 100, incoming interface: any, outgoing interface: none, Source subnet: 192.168.1.99/32 (the IP you want to be using WAN2), Matched traffic action: Lookup Table, Lookup table: second(10).

5. If you want you can add other IP's with adding more rules the same way (change just the IP) or you can use mask 28 or 29 instead of 32 (decide what range would suite you).

6. Save and reboot the router. It works apart from the problem if WAN is not working, WAN2 also doesn't work.