FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
187 views 2 comments
by anonymous
We are very new to setting up VPN's and wondered if someone could identify where we are going wrong:

We have 2 Teltonika RTU240 devices, 1 is an OpenVNC TAP Client, we are using TLS for authentication - SIM Card is currently not available so internet access is wireless via my mobile hotspot.

The 2nd device is the server located in another office using the same configuration settings.  It has a Public IP.  It is also not using a SIM card but connected to the office wifi.

From the client router I can ping the servers public IP address but nothing else on that network.

Does the Public IP address have to be from the SIM Card?

The firmware version on both routers is 00.01.14.5.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If the server is connected to a wireless access point as a client, it means that router's WAN interface is not assigned with a public IP, but some IP from DHCP pool from another router, which provides internet access, unless it is some bridged connection. There might be your issue. Could you connect to the server router via SSH and share the output of ifconfig command?

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for that. I have attached the ifconfig file to the question.

For info, I obtained the public IP using the command: curl ifconfig.me
by anonymous
The address you have obtained is from the gateway router. None of the interfaces from the router you have provided is assigned with a public IP.