FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,062 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Likely I have same issue as reported here and here.
To say SIM1 is reported as not inserted after a reboot. I have this issue since I have upgraded FW from 7.01.4 to 7.02.4. I have reseted configuration to default and upgraded to 7.02.5 with configuration reset without any success, issue still there. It works only the first time I applied a configuration reset, then any subsequent reboot (withou any change to config, except password I cannot skip) leads to SIM1 not inserted report.
I can manually workaround the issue by going to Network/Mobile/General and saving configuration, then SIM1 is detected again.
The workaroung of restarting network service (adding in startup script /etc/init.d/network restart) works but howerver I cannot get any traffic information in Status/Realtime Data/Traffic as MOB1S1A1 interface is absent (see capture screen below).

Capture RealTime data Traffic

Note: I have not same issue when rebooting from SIM2. Realy looks like a bad race condition with modem/hw ready at boot up. I have shared a troubleshoot file.

Last, it seems in aother similar reported issue here, it was solved after modem upgrade. However, I would not do it without Teltonika support advice.

Regards.

by anonymous
Adding new troubleshoot file after modem FW upgrade as issue behavior changed and workaround as well.
Please check my anser below for more details.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I suggest to try and update the modem firmware as it is rather old, however, it seems like a hardware issue, as the modem fails to recognize the SIM card.

Before attempting the update, you need to connect your router a different WAN source, either wired or wireless. Below are the the instructions:

Access your device via SSH and execute the following commands:

• opkg update
  • opkg install modem_updater
  • opkg install sshfs
  • modem_updater -g

The last command will list available firmware versions. Next modify the following command:

• modem_updater -i <ID> -v <VERSION>
    • <ID> - should be 3-1, however, in case of an error you should be shown a correct ID.
    • <VERSION> - enter the latest firmware version from the list of the previously executed command, it should be EG06ELAR04A08M4G.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Thanks @ .

Unfortunatly, I have no possibility to get alternative WAN connection than the RUTX09 internal modem.
How can I procceed then with modem FW upgrade? Any possibility to download first new FW and upgrade offline ?
Regards.

by anonymous

@
I succeded tu update FW thanks to your answer here.
And I get interesting behavior change, please refer to my answer to this issue.

Regards.