FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
458 views 12 comments
by anonymous

Hello
i have to RUT955 Routers with the newest Firmware RUT9_R_00.07.02.6. But i cant backup the config from Router A and restore it on Router. I had the same Error with older Firmwares.
Any Tricks or Help to get it running?
Ralf

by anonymous

It may be warning not error (I made the mistake not reading thoroughy this message):

BACKUP SECURITY CHECK
Below are the MD5 & SHA256 checksums of the uploaded backup archive. Make sure they match with any of your backup's checksums.
Checksums:
MD5: ce46dc46979d26c8706c5fa85226aac9
SHA256: f5e30d689da1edd4db439a89f2585b09a5d9c06d8b77668502082ea827c47f78
If it doesn't match - proceed at your own risk
After backup the user interface will be redirected to local LAN address from backup configuration

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Are you not able to restore backup on the same router the backup has been taken from, or are you not able to restore backup on a different router?

Best regards,
by anonymous

Could you generate troubleshoot files from both devices to check and attach them by editing your question? 

To generate the files, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

by anonymous

One router (S_troubleshoot-Teltonika-RUT955.com-2022-08-30.tar.gz) has a strange behavior.
This router can not even load its own config.

by anonymous
RUT955T03XXX and RUT955003XXX are not identical product codes. Both devices differ in that they have different modem modules and different region support, thus their backups are incompatible.
by anonymous
Is the Product code visible on the Outside?
by anonymous

You can find it on the packaging, WebUI in Status -> System or via CLI with command mnf_info -n.