FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
933 views 3 comments
by anonymous

It was adviced me to upgrade my RUTX09 FW (currently EG06ELAR04A04M4G) linked to this issue.
However, the upgrade procedure indicated requires WAN connection, which I cannot provide as my RUTX09 is the unique internet access available at this place, while the modem is physically difficult to access and additionaly I cannot interrupt internet service a too long time.
Thus I wonder if there is any alternative procedure allowing (reliable) modem FW upgrade offline.

Regards.

by anonymous

I have provided a WAN connection thanks to my phone as modem through USB and laptop with ethernet port in sharing mode.
While WAN interface is up and running and I have effective internet connection through it, the modem_updater reports sshfs timeout.

Any idea of what can block sshfs to establish connection ?

1 Answer

+2 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It is possible to do it locally. Be aware, that the following instructions apply to the devices with USB ports and RUTX series, which have sufficient memory to store the required files. 

In order to update, you will need to:

Download the firmware zip from this link.

Extract the contents of the zip to a separate folder, for example Update. Delete PDF with Chinese symbols as it might cause issues.

Copy the Update folder to a USB drive or, if you have available space, using WinSCP, copy it to the router's /tmp directory.

As instructed previously, download modem_updater and sshfs.

If the folder is stored in USB, attach the USB drive to the router, and execute the following command:

• modem_updater -i 3-1 -p /mnt/sda1/Update/

If the folder is placed in /tmp directory, the command should look like this:

•  modem_updater -i 3-1 -p /tmp/Update/ 

The rest of the update should happen automatically.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for the link I have upgraded a RUTX11 v 07.02.06 from EG06ELAR04A04M4G to EG06ELAR04A08M4G.

Result: download speed up ~ 20% upload speed up ~70%.
by anonymous

Many thanks it works fine !

You can check here the outcome of the issue for which I upgraded modem FW.