FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
332 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I am having an issue getting my RUTX11 connected to a mobile data connection. I have the SIM inserted into port 1 and it is recognized by the RUT. I put in a custom APN and the Mobile Information page recognizes everything about the SIM, yet the Data Connection State still says Disconnected. This SIM works and functions correctly in a Netgear device that I have has, so I'm positive that the service is working. I have the RUT updated to the latest firmware (v00.07.02.6). My end is goal is to have the mobile connection work as a failover for the WAN connection. I attached the troubleshooting file as well.

Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Please verify the custom APN on your device. According to the troubleshoot file, the current APN that is set on the router is "ne0.vzwstatic". However, as far as I remember, Verizon custom APNs begin with **1.vzwstatic prefix (starts with region letters, followed 1 and lastly .vzwstatic). The mobile connection log does confirm this - router successfully registered on Verizon network, but fails to establish data connectivity due to invalid APN.

In this case, the correct APN should be "ne01.vzwstatic".

Best regards,

Tomas.

Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks Tomas, I knew it must have been something small. Its odd however that Verizon themselves gave it to me as ne0.vzwstatic and that was actually working in the Netgear haha. Thanks again!