FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
6,560 views 12 comments
by anonymous

Hi

I need to connect roadside speed cam with remote database, I have a static IP data sim card in the smart cam & static IP data sim card in RUT950 Router.

I can connect to Smart cam via static IP address.

My problem how to connect from camera to laptop via RUT950 Router.  Please see image below.

Thanks Alan

by anonymous
The camera sends the data by post http to static/fixed IP address
by
I think I see what you mean. I guess RUT950 WAN IP address is private IP (essentially double NATing is involved here). Please share the WAN IP address setting of your RUT950? Does it have private IP assigned or external? If double NATing is inwalled then it won't work unless you have access to the second NAT device.

2 Answers

+2 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

There is an example in Teltonika wiki page with a camera access. Please check it out:

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/index.php?title=Hikvision:_remote_camera_access
by anonymous
Hard to tell without knowing the specifications of the camera, but if camera can send data to a specified server and port ( 84.XX.XX.XX:8002 - SIM 2 fixed IP and port for example ) you need to use port Forwarding in the router to send the data from camera directly to your connected PC.

So the source would be your camera, and destination would be your PC.
by anonymous
l think KB is perfect, you just need to swap the pictures, where the camera will be on the left and PC on the right.
by anonymous

Hi all

The camera is not a Hikvision IP camera it is a custom built Smart cam spec includes M2M modem, built in sim card slot, I have installed a static IP sim in the camera & a static sim in the Rut950. I can connect easily to the camera from my laptop via the router, however I need to send data from the camera to a static IP address by post http.

I am sure the Rut950 can handle it, I am just looking for some basic instruction. Please see diagram.

Thanks Alan

by
Hey,

Can you program the camera so it will send a data toward the RUT950 external IP address? This is the first step. Once the traffic received by the RUT950 (based on the port forward rule you defined, a second step) it will forward data towards your laptop. When you initiate the flow fro LAN>WAN, return traffic will be allowed automatically (stateful firewall), however, if camera initiates flow from WAN>LAN you must have port forward rule otherwise it will be blocked.

Thanks,

Myky
by anonymous

Hi

That sounds like it would work, the 1st part will work say the camera static sim is 192.168 25 2 and the router sim is 192.168.25.2  they are cellular sims. 

Question will the data from the camera be sent to the router default 192.168.1.1  or the static sim 192.168.25.2  

Thanks Alan

by anonymous
The camera is programmed to send the data to RUT950
by anonymous
repeated comment
by anonymous
Hi,

Sorry for leaving this topic. Have you managed the configuration ?
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi

You have probably realised I am new to this, is it safe to publish the IP address on an open forum.
by

Hello,

Please see attached my RUT500 WAN connection details:

As you can see my router has a private IP address on its WAN interface. It means another device upstream performs NAT to the external IP. If your RUT950 has directly "attached" external IP then you should not have any problems in using the port forward rules. If it doesn't work then it is a configuration issue.

Thanks,

Myky

by anonymous
Hi Myky

I appreciate all the help, although I am still fairly clueless how to forward the data, do you have any setup instructions including laptop settings.

My 950 settings are similar except the Ipv4 & gateway are 1 figure different i.e.   20 & 21

Many thanks Alan