FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
512 views 20 comments
by anonymous
It seem that no matter what message I sent to the RUT240 the one it keeps sending back is the status of the device.

For example I'll ask it for "rms_status" it sends me back..

Router name - RUT240; WAN IP - 10.xx.xx.xxx; Data Connection state - Connected; Connection type - FDD LTE; Signal Strength - -75; New FW available - No;

If I ask for "iostatus" it sends me the above back.

I've checked the reply it should give me and they differ from the one it does give me. Why is this happening?

It has also been sending me the status messages every hour even though I have not requested it. It's exactly every 60 mins. See attached image.

Troubleshoot file also attached.

Thanks.
by anonymous
So if I send it anything like "Hello", it sends me the status back. The text doesn't appear in the Read Messages section either. I can send message to my phone from the RUT240 without issue.
by anonymous
I've done a full factory reset and it's still spamming me the status every hours! Please make it stop :(
by anonymous
Still receieving status SMS every single hour. Can anyone help please?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

That is an interesting occurrence as the logs indicate that the router receives the same status message from Date == 2022-09-09 21:07:23. 

Can you confirm that your phone is not sending anything?

Could you also send few different messages and provide screenshots with the response messages, as well as a new troubleshoot file to simply map the timestamps of router reactions. I would forward this data for the development team to investigate.

Best regards, 

by anonymous

Could you try to disable those commands in SMS utilities section to see if the messages are still sent?

by anonymous
OK, I've disabled them. Watch this space!
by anonymous
It has stopped sending messages since switching off the following:-

Send Status

iostatus

Resest_esp (my own)
by anonymous
It's spamming me a new message I've not asked for now.. see new attached image.

Something is broken here guys.
by anonymous

Could you reset the device with the bootloader procedure, which is described here? Download this firmware file and upload it when performing firmware update via bootloader menu. Once the update finishes, upgrade to the latest firmware version.