FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
304 views 0 comments
by anonymous
So we use teltonika and also use a open source GPS tracking system called  traccar for the GPS element.

I noticed that sometimes on traccar, devices will appear offline even though on the RMS teltonika side  the device is online and physically the box appears to be receiving and transmitting data without issue.

However if i log onto the webui for the affected device and make a change and save it - it then comes back online on the traccar side.

Feels like it is a teltonika side end issue rather than traccar as i checked the traccar server logs and it is always transmitting data for the affected devices even when on the client end and  it shows the device as "Offline"

Any ideas?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you confirm that the data is still being sent to Traccar even if the router is shown offline? As there have been an issues related to traccar as the one described here. Since these instances are rare, it would be helpful if you could provide a troubleshoot file from the router once it goes offline. Some data in the logs might help to find possible causes. To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,