FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,016 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello,
I have sim cards with multi IMSI, and even though the connection is ok after some time they discount from the network operator. In this condition the modem says the sim is not inserted.
Is there a possibility to define all the IMSI numbers assigned to my sim card in TRB140?
Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Could you expand on the issue? Does this happen after a switch to another IMSI?

Please replicate the issue (wait for the mobile connection to disconnect), navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file. It can be attached to the original post or sent to me via a private message.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Hi, thank you for the response.

So to explain more, I have set the devices at the beginning of the year, and they have the FW version (TRB1_R_00.07.01.4), and I know that it explains a lot about the source of the problem. Since the settings will not remain completely there and I have only remote access, I prefer not to update them unless I find a secure method.
But I only replaced the firmware of one system with the newest version  (TRB1_R_00.07.02.7), and the same issue appeared.
I'm not sure whether to share the entire folder for security reasons, but some of the information is attached, such as gsm.log.
I am using private APN and LTE technology. Though the number of towers is not more than 4 in my area, I am promised perfect LTE coverage. So, I think the problem is something with the setting of the gateway. As if it is not compatible with the multi-IMSI or what?!
The part that I do not completely understand is that when they disconnect from one operator, they do not connect to any operator afterward for a long time. However, I can access systems via the firewall rules I've already configured. As soon as I reboot or try to search for a network operator, I lose access to them and only with direct access I can recover them.

How can I fix this problem? Thank you.

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=8253551282213810027

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=18037292202094382312

by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the information!

Perhaps you have at least one gateway for testing where the firmware could be updated and settings changed without losing access?

As for the troubleshoot file, if it will be attached to the original post, it will only be visible to Teltonika moderators. An alternative would be to send it via a private message. However, if that is not possible, it would be best if the system.log file could be attached, as that's where the entire logs are stored.

Also, can you verify that ping/wget and failover rules are disabled? If you're using a private APN these rules will not work, as the public internet will not be accessible.

If TRB140 is available for testing locally, then I'd recommend using RutOS v07.02.7 and doing a factory reset if it was not done, as I can see that there were some improvements to Multi-IMSI SIM handling since the version you're using.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

I value your assistance.
Yes, I do have some equipment for testing. Since it creates a link for each upload on this page, I cannot see how to deliver the log file to just Teltonika.
I have no internet access, and the failover, ping, and wget rules are disabled.
However, I can access my systems remotely.
But I soon discovered that this is a frequent problem brought on either by hardware limitations or firmware updates.

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/45415/modem-occupied-by-fw-update-trb-140-since-firmware-update

Would you kindly inform me where a new firmware would be kept if I upload it? Most likely, the outdated version is still present. Maybe the device will have extra storage if some of the unnecessary files and logs are removed? Then it may properly start up the AT commands and other operations.

I eagerly await your suggestions for the best course of action.

by anonymous

Hello,

our RnD team states that the "Modem occupied by FW update" issue was fixed with v7.2 of RutOS. As I understand, you do not want to update remotely, as you could lose access to the modem.

• Would you kindly inform me where a new firmware would be kept if I upload it?
    • When a new firmware version is being flashed, it erases the old FW and its configuration files. If the option "Keep settings" is enabled, then configuration files will be transferred to the new firmware. However, in order for this issue to be 100% resolved, it is highly recommended to update without the "Keep settings" option.
As for updating the modem to TRB1_R_00.07.02.7, if it's updated without the "Keep settings" option enabled, then the only thing it will transfer from the configuration will be the SIM PIN. So if the only way to access the modem is via the private APN, then it most likely won't be accessible, as by default the WAN access is disabled and the only option left if the default APN has internet access is RMS.

For storage, the default packages cannot be removed very easily, however, the TRB1xx series should have around 200MB of storage for userspace, which should be plenty if FW files need to be uploaded before the update. Instructions on how to update via SSH can be found here.

Best regards,
DaumantasG