FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
304 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I configured the firewall and the wiregurad VPN in RUT240 modem and it works as expected where I can reach the destination through the VPN connection. The firmware is RUT2_R_00.07.02.7.

When I reboot the modem I can no longer receive data from the VPN server. Sometimes the issue is fixed on its own if I wait for a long time (more than 15 minutes). Could you please provide some clues on understanding and resolving this behavior? I set the parameter:

persistent keepalive: every 25 seconds

as recommended by one thread.

Please let me know if you need more information to help me figure out this issue.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Below are a couple of suggestions that you could try:

• Login to the router's web interface. Navigate to System -> Custom scripts and add the following command below second comment:
    • /etc/init.d/firewall restart
    • This will be executed after each device reboot after device boot sequence finishes.
  • If you have failover configured, navigate to Network -> Failover and modify all active interfaces as below:
  • Update your device to the latest firmware, which you can download here, with Keep settings option disabled and reconfigure Wireguard.

If the issue persists, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello ZygimantasBliu,

Thank you for the suggestions. I added the script to restart the firewall and upgraded to the new firmware and the problem still persists. I uploaded a troubleshooting file to the question. Please let me know if there are other suggestions to try to avoid this unexpected behavior of nonfunctioning WireGuard after reboot.

Best,
by anonymous

Could you split Allowed IPs field value in Wireguard settings from '0.0.0.0/0' to the following two entries:

• 0.0.0.0/1
  • 128.0.0.0/1
The issue might be routing related and this should generate more specific default routes, which would provide Wireguard tunnel with higher metric in the table.